Candled my Ringneck Eggs!!!!!

SamG347

Songster
12 Years
Mar 4, 2007
PA
Well I put 28 ringneck eggs in the bator on friday evening and candled tonight. Only 1 was infertile and these were shipped eggs. If anyone wants great Mongolian Ringneck eggs from an awesome eggbid seller. I can recomend to number one person. He is also in PA and is a great guy to talk to.
Will update in 18 days with hopefully pics of my chicks
smile.png

SAMcopy11.jpg

Congrats on the fertility of your eggs.....waite....that doesnt seem right....anywho...you know what I mean.
gig.gif
Cant waite to see them hatched. Are they like chicken eggs...21 days?? How exciteing!

Thanks you two!!! I live in Central PA and I mean smack dab in the middle of the state. And ringneck eggs take 24 days. And tomorrow im putting 40+ chicken eggs into my other incubator. Luckily that one has a turner. Im hand turning the ringnecks.
Thanks again yall!
Sam
cool.png

SAMcopy11.jpg

It's pretty hard to get infertile pheasant eggs. They are aggressive breeders and won't take no for an answer. LOL Typically infertiles are first time layers, otherwise they have been laying a while and should be very fertile. Great job on the candling and sounds like you'll have some great pheasants soon. Don't be discouraged if they aren't popping out right on the 24th day, some wait till day 25 (the rule of thumb is 24-25 days for ringneck type species).

Lisa - I know what you mean. Pheasants need a lot of room. We just got done adding on to our pheasant pen. Our first was 40 foot X 25 foot and we added on the same size, which took us up to 2000 square feet with an 80 foot long pen. They are a lot of fun though with proper housing and I love listening to the cockbirds talk. Beautiful creatures they are!

Good luck with your hatch Sam!
jumpy.gif

Jody

Congrats on your eggs Sam. Could you post the website or email for your friend with the pheasant eggs. Thanks, Donna

Thanks yall!! Jody Ive seen your birds and they sure are beautiful. I actually bid on one of your auctions but lost
sad.png
LOL lisa I know. Im using these pheasants for my ringneck restoration project. They will be let go around 6-8wks old. I will socialize minimally with them and also introduce meal worms and crickets into their diet. As well as millet and other things. Im taking this real serious because this strain of pheasant is suppose to be one of the hardiest and most adaptable. So with luck I should have wild born chicks next breeding season walking around the property.
Here is the eggbid sellers name, eggbid user, and email:
Greg at Melrose Pheasant Farm
Mayfly71
[email protected]

SAMcopy11.jpg

And the breed of the chicken in the center photo is one of my Golden Laced Wyandottes.
Thanks again yall
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom