Candling eggs, air sac? help!

My eggs are on day 9. They were shipped and their air cells looked a little wonky, so I kept them in the carton fat end up in the incubator and put them in the egg turner on day 6. Now that I'm candling the eggs, they all seem to be doing fine and growing, but one of the eggs has an air cell on the side. There is definitely movement in that egg so I don't want to ditch it. Is there any way this chick will hatch alright or is it going to drown?

My eggs are on day 9.  They were shipped and their air cells looked a little wonky, so I kept them in the carton fat end up in the incubator and put them in the egg turner on day 6.  Now that I'm candling the eggs, they all seem to be doing fine and growing, but one of the eggs has an air cell on the side.  There is definitely movement in that egg so I don't want to ditch it.  Is there any way this chick will hatch alright or is it going to drown?

I am on day 17 and one of my eggs is also like that. But mine has a crack in it from early on and the air sac developed around the crack. Anyways, my chick has been steadily growing and very active. I have just been trying to keep the air sac elevated in hopes that my little chick will find it to pip! This is my first time so I can't be sure. But since mine are due to hatch soon I will update you on how mine made out :)

Old thread but maybe someone can help :) My Old English bantams are on day 13, their air sacs are growing but how do I know they are enough? I have a brinsea mini and a humidity gage won't fit inside...

So if I have air sacs does that mean I have a chick. I am new at this and my friend put me on to you guys. I understand all eggs will have the air pocket. I am hatching my first batch, Super excited.

thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif

Six years later - AMEN! I'm trying to hatch my first batch and ANY info is most appreciated! I have Marans and Marans cross eggs, some of which are quite dark (as they should be!). I'm on day 8 and I'm seeing darkness in some of the eggs, nothing in others (but those are the really dark eggs). Have ordered a Magicfly candler to see if that works better than just my LED flashlight.

Yup, good info does not have an expiration date!!!!

Hi could anyone help first time using a incubator got 5 pekin bantams eggs in they are on lockdown an on day 19
One of the air sacks as not grown compared to the others is this anything to worry about

Hi could anyone help first time using a incubator got 5 pekin bantams eggs in they are on lockdown an on day 19
One of the air sacks as not grown compared to the others is this anything to worry about
I had something similar happen. I set 6 eggs and one of the bantam eggs had a tiny air cell that just wouldn't get much bigger. It hatched out fine. As long as the other eggs air cells are good I wouldn't mess with anything. I was worried too.

Back
Top Bottom