candling on lockdown, what to do with non-developed eggs

i wasn't really planning on using them, just a thought. i know some people feed their dogs the "raw" diet, but yea 14 days at 100 degree...can't be good.

i wasn't really planning on using them, just a thought. i know some people feed their dogs the "raw" diet, but yea 14 days at 100 degree...can't be good.

I've been giving my dogs button eggs. I only have 1 hen laying right now. So every 3 days I give the dogs (3 dogs) a raw egg as a treat. I swear they are learning to count and sit and stare are my on the 3rd day. LOL!

Do you have a healthy dog? If so, yes your dog can eat the eggs. I feed a prey model diet and actually feed slightly rotted meat when getting to the bottom of the barrel. It may sound gross to you but dogs are surprisingly well-equipped to deal with bacteria. Their saliva has antibacterial properties; it contains lysozyme, an enzyme that lyses and destroys harmful bacteria. Their short digestive tract is designed to push through food and bacteria quickly without giving bacteria time to colonize. The extremely acidic environment in the gut is also a good bacteria colonization deterrent. In general would the spoiled egg make your dog sick? No, not if he/she is healthy. But the bacteria could hurt your dog IF the dog already has an immunocompromised system or some underlying problem. My 10 year old dog is as healthy as when she was a puppy. She gets quail eggs every day. Spoiled or not.

Last edited:
Ya I agree with JJ, no safer to feed to a lizard than a dog. Pet lizards don't have to eat whatever they can find, and MIGHT kill them, like some wild lizards do. A bearded dragon WILL eat a dandilion head freashly sprayed with pestiside and the WILL eat a lightning bug but if it DOSE eat eitherone it'll be dead the next day.

Last edited:
I feed all the unhatched eggs to my LGD's. They LOVE them.
I only throw out the eggs with the red blood ring of bacteria.

My dogs have been known to steal eggs out of broody's nests. Incubator eggs are no different.

smile.png

It'll make the cat sick.

The cat is just hungry, she or he can't help being hungry. :( (sorry, i do love cats...)

Back
Top Bottom