Canon people needed!📷

Everose

ɪ ᴀᴍ ᴄʀᴇᴀᴛɪᴏɴ, ʙᴏᴛʜ ʜᴀᴜɴᴛᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴏʟʏ.
Premium Feather Member
Jan 16, 2021
The Great Country of Texas
So I originally had a Canon T7 and it worked great, never had an error code, never even messed with the settings because it worked so well, so I'm very unfamiliar with how to fix these since I've only had one and it was super easy to use🙈. Apologies in advance because I don't completely understand the camera jargon😁

I'm in desperate need of expert advice with my new camera. I had to get a used T5 to replace my old one, but it's giving me one heck of a time. Error code 01 keeps coming up even though I've cleaned the sensors, autofocus will not work because it's "busy" and I'm having to do it manually, I've completely reset it, I've formatted the card, and I've tried to find my camera on canon but apparently they no longer service them🤷🏻‍♀️
I just want it to be useable. I don't know what to do to at least make the lens work, and getting it to autofocus is very difficult.
Thx in advance!

So I originally had a Canon T7 and it worked great, never had an error code, never even messed with the settings because it worked so well, so I'm very unfamiliar with how to fix these since I've only had one and it was super easy to use🙈. Apologies in advance because I don't completely understand the camera jargon😁

I'm in desperate need of expert advice with my new camera. I had to get a used T5 to replace my old one, but it's giving me one heck of a time. Error code 01 keeps coming up even though I've cleaned the sensors, autofocus will not work because it's "busy" and I'm having to do it manually, I've completely reset it, I've formatted the card, and I've tried to find my camera on canon but apparently they no longer service them🤷🏻‍♀️
I just want it to be useable. I don't know what to do to at least make the lens work, and getting it to autofocus is very difficult.
Thx in advance!
Is this T5 not the same as yours? If so, they've got a manual here, drivers, etc. Even if it's not, maybe it's close?

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/eos-rebel-t5

Thx in advance!
Since you never had this issue with the T7 that makes me think the issue is with the T5 and not the lens. Has your T5 ever worked normally or has it been like this since you got it? What lens are you using? Do you have a different lens you can try or know a Canon shooter so you can try their lens?

When you say you cleaned the sensors I assume you mean the contacts on the front of the camera and back of the lens? This is most recommended way to fix the issue.

I definitely recommend updating the drivers/firmware on the camera/lens.

Since you never had this issue with the T7 that makes me think the issue is with the T5 and not the lens. Has your T5 ever worked normally or has it been like this since you got it? What lens are you using? Do you have a different lens you can try or know a Canon shooter so you can try their lens?
It's been like this since I got it. It was a pawnshop camera with the kit lens, and since my other lens was stolen I don't have another to test with.
I might be able to test out a friend's lens tho.
When you say you cleaned the sensors I assume you mean the contacts on the front of the camera and back of the lens? This is most recommended way to fix the issue.
Yes, I rubbed off the shiny metal parts with a jewelry cloth.
I definitely recommend updating the drivers/firmware on the camera/lens.
Will do👍

Are you still having this issue? (I see that this is an old thread.)

I have both the T5 and the T7. (Out of the two, the T5 is my favorite.) Can you post pictures of the issue, cameras, lens, inside the cameras (the sensors) with the sensors closed and open? What settings (M, Av, etc.) do you have your cameras on? Can you post a picture of the screen on shoot (not black) and playback?

I don't know if I can be of any help, but I can try my best seeing I have both cameras and have had them since they came out.

Are you still having this issue? (I see that this is an old thread.)

I have both the T5 and the T7. (Out of the two, the T5 is my favorite.) Can you post pictures of the issue, cameras, lens, inside the cameras (the sensors) with the sensors closed and open? What settings (M, Av, etc.) do you have your cameras on? Can you post a picture of the screen on shoot (not black) and playback?

I don't know if I can be of any help, but I can try my best seeing I have both cameras and have had them since they came out.
I actually got to use another lens and the camera is perfectly fine! Zero issues and it takes great photos.
Plus I basically have Bluetooth without having BT since I have a PowerShot and they both use SD cards, so it's almost as good as having a T7😃

I think the kit lens is just crap, even using manual focus didn't capture what I wanted it to. For some reason no matter how much I toggle the aperture, ISO, WB, Shutter speed, or focus area i couldn't get anything decent or clear, it all just looks crappier than a 2005 nokia phone photo. I also think the communication between lens and camera wasn't right because all of the photos were overexposed once I transferred them.

Kit lens
20231025021355~2.JPG

Telephoto lens
20240110070024.JPG

Back
Top Bottom