Car vs Rooster!!! Can he be saved???

Quote:
I know, right!? I wonder if that is why the tip of his beak is like that!
somad.gif
duc.gif
Well....at least he fell into your hands! He has obviously been tramatized and has suffered alot what better way to spend the rest of his life being spoiled and cared for! BTW-has he eaten anything?

Poor thing- they probably dumped him because he didn't win. I guess he was lucky that didn't kill him on the spot. I wonder if super glue would fix his peak. I"ve heard surgeons use that sometimes instead of stitches. I'm subscribing to this thread also. Lucky is too important to walk away from. So glad you found him. Does he have an appetite?

No no we arnt going to talk about that .. That is a sure way to get your thread shut down !!! There are too many opinions to cause this to get out of control !!! Let's just say a car got him & not name drivers...
hide.gif

I'm waiting til morning to offer food...I'm in there quite frequently and have been giving him drinks every time. I just thought I'd give him a chance to rest....am I doing this wrong? I just didn't want to push food on him till he settled some

Some plain yogurt or scrambled eggs would be a great starter food for him. When you scramble the eggs, chop it up really fine so it is easier for him to eat. I would serve it warm!
big_smile.png

For his beak you can also get a tea bag and empty the tea out, cut small strips of the bag and soak it with super glue. Take tweezers and after cleaning and drying the injured area put the strip over the split. It'll act as a brace for it and can be layered or repeated if it happens to come off. Make sure not to get it anywhere on sensitive tissues or your fingers so they don't get stuck. His beak should heal up if it's kept clean and doesn't get knocked open more. They do this on finger nails to help mend them when they split below the quick.
Glad you're helping him out! He's so fortunate that you found him!
smile.png

I was thinking scrambled eggs for his breakfast too...have enough to go around
wink.png
And the paper from the tea bag...that's a great idea! Thanks! I'll keep ya'll posted on Lucky's status....thank you agian to all for your input and well wishes!!!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom