Car vs Rooster!!! Can he be saved???

Quote:
Yeah! It's a small world! I saw your page on RIR's page, which was on Grit Magazine's page. So I liked it! The more chicken friends the merrier!

Quote:
Yeah! It's a small world! I saw your page on RIR's page, which was on Grit Magazine's page. So I liked it! The more chicken friends the merrier!

Indeed! And thank you!
smile.png

He's still awake and alert, so I'm thinking it's ok for me to go to bed now....and for breakfast he's going to taste the best darn eggs he's ever had and I'm going to snuggle him so much he'll forget what his past life was all about! <3

Quote:

Indeed! And thank you!
smile.png

He's still awake and alert, so I'm thinking it's ok for me to go to bed now....and for breakfast he's going to taste the best darn eggs he's ever had and I'm going to snuggle him so much he'll forget what his past life was all about! <3

I love that he knows you are helping him and he has not tried to harm you... A rooster that does not know you and letting you do that shows he is a good boy... You truely are a wonderful person and apparently Mr. Roo knows this too...

Awww that poor boy is soooo lucky you found him when you did. My heart hurts for him right now
sad.png
One can only imagine what he has been thru. I hope he pulls thru for you
fl.gif
A few years back I had 2 roos that had found a way to fight thru a dog kennel, my serama roo bernie was convered in blood and his bottom beak had cracked similar to your rescued roo. I washed the area up well and had decided to not glue it as he is pretty7 small and I was afraid id glue his mouth shut. I kept him inside for a few weeks while he healed and he did end up loosing his bottom beak. It turned black and just fell right off. Now he looks like gonzo from the muppets. We trim the top beak often so its easier for him to eat. When he was inside I mixed up a warm mash using their feed and warm water mixed until it was like a slushy. It worked great with minimal effort on his part as I didn't want to cause more damage to his beak by feeding him dry feed that he would have to peck at to get in his mouth. Now he has a special dish (deep bowl) he eats from because of his new handicapp. So even if your roo looses his bottom beak and probably part of the top beak he can still live a good life. I look forward to your updates on that special roo ya got there
hugs.gif
ty for taking him in.

I just wanted to say, you are a wonderful person. We need more people like you around
bow.gif

He's beautiful, and I bet he'll look even MORE beautiful after you nurse him back to health. Please keep us updated! I am subscribing. This story makes me melt inside
love.gif

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for the kind words and encouragment!
I'm happy to report that Lucky made it through the night and is resting comfortably in his basket, on the dining room table in the sun
smile.png

Tried giving him some scrambled egg chopped fine but he wasn't too interested...then I made some oatmeal and again not too interested. I'm thinking his beak is hurting him something fierce. I managed to get a little bit of the liquid from the oatmeal into him by using a syringe and ever so gently opening up his beak...but I think I'm going to let him rest some more and try again later. He did drink some water from the bowl and had one poo during the night that looked normal and one rather runny one this morning, but I'm guessing that's just cause he didn't have any solids in him....but still no blood so that's a great sign!
Still no word from the people I thought he belonged to, so I'm guessing the second scenario is more likely what is his story...those bat rastards!
somad.gif

I'm heading to Fleet Farm to check out their meds and when I get back we'll see if he's ready to eat then
smile.png
I'll keep ya posted

Back
Top Bottom