Car vs Rooster!!! Can he be saved???

Spinach?
hide.gif

I think I would give him oyster shell or feed him scrambled eggs with the shell included for extra calcium. I don't know if tums are safe.

Quote:
LOL...I just always chuckle when I see that little emoticon
smile.png
Just gave him a few spinach leaves....we'll see. Maybe I'll just have to get some milk out of the bulk tank
wink.png
kidding

Do you have any layer feed? That is an easy way to give him some calcium. Or you could cook up his scrambled eggs with the egg shell mixed in.

I just read the whole thread. Very sweet video. I know how it is to feel very bonded when nursing a bird back to health. It is amazing that they seem to know that we are trying to help. He is a very handsome Old English Game rooster. I think someone else on this thread mentioned that he has Red Pyle coloring.

I copied and pasted info on asprin if you think it might still help:

Aspirin - for pain relief. Dosage is approximately 25 mg per pound of chicken's body weight each day – (A standard baby Aspirin is 80 mg, and a standard adult Aspirin pill is 325 mg). This information is from the Poultry Podiatry website. Warning: aspirin thins the blood and should not be used if internal bleeding is suspected or in cases where a wound will not stop bleeding.

scratch'n'peck :

Do you have any layer feed? That is an easy way to give him some calcium. Or you could cook up his scrambled eggs with the egg shell mixed in.

I just read the whole thread. Very sweet video. I know how it is to feel very bonded when nursing a bird back to health. It is amazing that they seem to know that we are trying to help. He is a very handsome Old English Game rooster. I think someone else on this thread mentioned that he has Red Pyle coloring.

I copied and pasted info on asprin if you think it might still help:

Aspirin - for pain relief. Dosage is approximately 25 mg per pound of chicken's body weight each day – (A standard baby Aspirin is 80 mg, and a standard adult Aspirin pill is 325 mg). This information is from the Poultry Podiatry website. Warning: aspirin thins the blood and should not be used if internal bleeding is suspected or in cases where a wound will not stop bleeding.

thank you! yes, now I remember someone did mention that breed...I don't suspect internal bleeding and he had no open wounds, but now that he has eaten (not a lot) on his own, maybe I won't seek pain relief for him...it should get easier day by day right? And now that he is eating I think I'll mix layer feed with the chick starter I got him, so he'll be getting the extra calcium and the vitamins in the chick food
smile.png

Quote:
thank you! yes, now I remember someone did mention that breed...I don't suspect internal bleeding and he had no open wounds, but now that he has eaten (not a lot) on his own, maybe I won't seek pain relief for him...it should get easier day by day right? And now that he is eating I think I'll mix layer feed with the chick starter I got him, so he'll be getting the extra calcium and the vitamins in the chick food
smile.png

Yup! Me! like 4 or so pages back lol
I just watched the video and he is such a handsome boy!

(page 3)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom