Caravan - Open Fantasy RP - Jump right in!

The bandits had finished storing their looted goods and were now busy celebrating their victory and, at the same time, mourning the loss of Rorik and their other fallen brothers.  They'd broken into the create of tobacco and some had filled their pipes, while others opened the mead and filled their mugs.  

Algar didn't partake in either and found himself pacing and unable to relax.  He wandered into the main tunnel of the cave and noticed an obvious trail of blood.  Surprised, he followed it straight to Tianea's door.  It was closed, but he thought he heard voices on the other side.  He hesitated only momentarily.  He'd never gotten along with the woman, but if she was injured and needed help, he wasn't one to abandon her.  He knocked hard, "Tianea?  You okay?"

Brylla's eyes fluttered open again as the smelling salts took effect.  She mumbled something incoherent, her eyes not able to focus yet on anything.

Karin who had been watching brylla jumped when she heard Algar. Looking ti brylla then to tianea who shrugged and walked over to a wall and started fiddling with it. Itopened in to a secret tunnel that she motioned for karin to take brylla diwn. Karin did grabbed brylla and carried her as best he could into the tunnel which tianea closed. Then she grabbed allthe branchs and hid the under blankets. "Uhh..Yeah im fine!" She called the purposely broke into a coughing fit.

"You sure don't sound fine," Algar said from outside the door. "You've got a trail of blood out here. Listen, I'll send one of the girls to give you a hand." With that thought, he realized he hadn't seen Karin since he'd sent her back with the kid. "Have you seen Karin?"

Brylla was slowly coming around and was vaguely aware of being half carried, half dragged into an extremely dark space. "Where am I..." she mumbled, trying to move her limbs, but found they wouldn't cooperate just yet.

Linden knelt down on his knees beside Mavis and struggled to comprehend how the boy had even gotten there. The bandits had returned hours ago from looting the wagon, why had Mavis only shown up now? And worst off, what had they done to him? The extent of Mavis' injuries couldn't be seen by Linden due to the darkness in the pit, but after suffering multiple blows to the head he had a nasty gash across his forehead and many 'goose eggs', so to speak. He was also covered in many cuts and bruises which varied in severety between relatively minor to potentially life threatening, including the broken rib.

Unsure of Mavis' condition, Linden was reluctant to move the boy and risk further injury, but he also knew that the floor was much too cold for him to continue lying on. As gently as he could, he scooped Mavis off the floor and sat down with his back to the wall, letting Mavis rest on his lap and chest to conserve the little bit of body heat that the two of them had left.

There in the dark, he silently vowed to bring justice to whoever had beaten his friend.

"You sure don't sound fine," Algar said from outside the door.  "You've got a trail of blood out here.  Listen, I'll send one of the girls to give you a hand."  With that thought, he realized he hadn't seen Karin since he'd sent her back with the kid.  "Have you seen Karin?"

Brylla was slowly coming around and was vaguely aware of being half carried, half dragged into an extremely dark space.  "Where am I..." she mumbled, trying to move her limbs, but found they wouldn't cooperate just yet. 

Tianea glanced at her stomache and saw that the wound had bled through. "Yeah im sure im fine!" She called then thought about what he had said about karin. "Uhh.. i think he took the boy to the pit might want to go check on her.." she called as she re-wrapped her stomache.

Karin looked at brylla. Her eyes had adjusted to the darkness and she could make out the figire of brylla. "Shh!" She whispered

"I'll check. Yell if you need anything," Algar's voice came through the door, followed by his retreating footsteps.

"Shh," someone whispered, trying to quiet her. Not knowing who was holding onto her, Brylla began to feel a rising sense of panic. Had she been taken by the caravan guards? Or the elf that was in the forest? Why was she being quieted? Adrenaline helped her overcome her grogginess and she pushed back suddenly against whoever was holding her, then pulled forward, trying to loosen their grasp.

"I'll check. Yell if you need anything," Algar's voice came through the door, followed by his retreating footsteps.

"Shh," someone whispered, trying to quiet her. Not knowing who was holding onto her, Brylla began to feel a rising sense of panic. Had she been taken by the caravan guards? Or the elf that was in the forest? Why was she being quieted? Adrenaline helped her overcome her grogginess and she pushed back suddenly against whoever was holding her, then pulled forward, trying to loosen their grasp.
"Brylla!" Karin siad sharply somehow maintaining her grip on the thrashing girl. "Hold still!"

"Okay!" Tianea called.

Recognizing Karin's voice, Brylla stopped struggling, but her heart was still beating faster than normal. "Karin? Where are we?"

"What do you mean?" Brylla asked, not liking being kept in the dark, both literally and figuratively. "Karin, just tell me where we are," she said in a loud whisper.

-

After Algar left Tianea's door, he picked up a torch and lit it from one already burning brightly. First he found the little alcove in the cave that Karin used for her bed. "Karin?" he called, but the girl was not there. Next he headed toward the Pit, just to be sure the girl hadn't accidentally fallen in.

"What do you mean?" Brylla asked, not liking being kept in the dark, both literally and figuratively. "Karin, just tell me where we are," she said in a loud whisper.

-

After Algar left Tianea's door, he picked up a torch and lit it from one already burning brightly. First he found the little alcove in the cave that Karin used for her bed. "Karin?" he called, but the girl was not there. Next he headed toward the Pit, just to be sure the girl hadn't accidentally fallen in.
Karin sighed. "Brylla. Trust me on this. Hold still and be quiet."

Tianea opened the hidden door and torch light flooded into the little room. Tianea then help Karin and Brylla out.

Back
Top Bottom