Caravan - Open Fantasy RP - Jump right in!

"May the blessing of light be on you—
light without and light within.
May the blessed sunlight shine on you
and warm your heart
till it glows like a great peat fire."
Raven said, looking at the graves. She looked to Terrick and the other guards "I can show you where the boy and that other man, Linden? are being kept."

Terrick and the others spun quickly, drawing weapons, as the figure appeared out of the treeline, still on edge from the events of earlier. But as Raven recited the blessing, they lowered the weapons again. Terrick was just as surprised as the rest, but stepped forward. "Lady, thank you for your prayer. It is not often we encounter one of the fair folk, but if you have news of our friends, we would indeed welcome it."

Raven smiled softly "I followed the bandits to their lair earlier. I do not like the way they treated the boy, so have decided to help you release him."

Algar entered the side tunnel and walked the short distance to The Pit, watching his step carefully lest he misjudge the edge of the hole.  He reached the torch out over the pit, trying to see down into it.  "What happened to the boy?!" he exclaimed, dropping the facade of "tough bandit" for the moment.  The child had been shaken, certainly, when Algar had grabbed him in battle, but not bloodied and unconscious.

Linden was sitting on the floor of the pit about a third of the way around the circle which made up the pit. The moment Algar's light lit up the dark environment, he groaned and threw up his arm to shield his and Mavis' eyes from the harsh light. After being in the pit for several hours, his eyes had adjusted to the darkness and felt burned by the light. "Why don't you tell me?" He growled angrily, but with a carefully guarded and restrained tone. He didn't know which of the bandits had harmed Mavis, and he didn't know that Karin and Tianea had gone rogue for awhile, so he assumed that being the new leader, Algar knew exactly what had happened and was just playing stupid. At the same time, Mavis desperately needed medical attention and he knew he needed he set aside his personal feelings to make that happen.

"Look," he tried to speak calmly and without accusation. "I don't know what it is that you people do up there, or how you can justify beating a kid... but right now I am asking you as a fellow person, begging you as a fellow person to help Mavis. He needs medical attention, or he won't live to see another day in this pit. Please." After he finished speaking, he lifted his arm slightly and squinted into the torch light to look Algar in the eyes.

Last edited:
Linden was sitting on the floor of the pit about a third of the way around the circle which made up the pit. The moment Algar's light lit up the dark environment, he groaned and threw up his arm to shield his and Mavis' eyes from the harsh light. After being in the pit for several hours, his eyes had adjusted to the darkness and felt burned by the light. "Why don't you tell me?" He growled angrily, but with a carefully guarded and restrained tone. He didn't know which of the bandits had harmed Mavis, and he didn't know that Karin and Tianea had gone rogue for awhile, so he assumed that being the new leader, Algar knew exactly what had happened and was just playing stupid. At the same time, Mavis desperately needed medical attention and he knew he needed he set aside his personal feelings to make that happen.

"Look," he tried to speak calmly and without accusation. "I don't know what it is that you people do up there, or how you can justify beating a kid... but right now I am asking you as a fellow person, begging you as a fellow person to help Mavis. He needs medical attention, or he won't live to see another day in this pit. Please." After he finished speaking, he lifted his arm slightly and squinted into the torch light to look Algar in the eyes.

(Tianea has herbs and stuff to help mavis)(and only karin um... um.. did that to mavis)

(I know, by saying "rogue" I wasn't just referring to Mavis' injuries. It was Tianea who attacked Brylla, so I mentioned both in my post.)

Last edited:
Raven smiled softly "I followed the bandits to their lair earlier. I do not like the way they treated the boy, so have decided to help you release him."

"So he lives then!" Terrick exclaimed, relief washing over him before the rest of her statement really sunk in. He did not relish the idea of wading into the bandit's home turf, but neither would he abandon the child to a life of hardship with the bandits.

"We would be in your debt, fair lady," Terrick said to Raven. "Tell us, did you see much of their camp?"

"Tigar what tigar?" Tianea said looking puzzled although she knew what brylla meant. "How hard did you hit your head? You know there arent any tigars around here."

Brylla opened her mouth, as if to argue, but then seemed to think better of it. No sense in making everyone think she was crazy. "Maybe not..." she said, looking at the cave floor. She felt uncomfortable for some reason that she couldn't quite explain. And not just from the throbbing in her head. "Who was Karin hiding from in there?" she asked, pointing to the still open door of the darkened tunnel.

Brylla opened her mouth, as if to argue, but then seemed to think better of it. No sense in making everyone think she was crazy. "Maybe not..." she said, looking at the cave floor. She felt uncomfortable for some reason that she couldn't quite explain. And not just from the throbbing in her head. "Who was Karin hiding from in there?" she asked, pointing to the still open door of the darkened tunnel.
"Algar." Tianea said simply.

(Please check out my new role play! I need players!)

Back
Top Bottom