Caravan - Open Fantasy RP - Jump right in!

Raven straightened and dipped her head slightly "I will. My name is Raven" She said and turned towards the other wagons

The sky was turning red as the sun set, promising an end to the rain of the past few days and a much brighter day in the morrow. If I live to see it... Terrick thought to himself.

As they made the trek back up toward the top of the mountain pass, the sellsword tried to gain as much information from the elf as he could. "Do you know anything of the cave system?" he asked.

Linden gave a slight, accepting nod and lowered his free arm so that he could lift Mavis up with two. He placed one hand on his upper back with his fingers supporting his neck, and the other on his lower back. Standing on the crate, the ten foot wall seemed shorter and he reached the outstretched arms of Algar without much difficulty.

Algar took firm hold of the boy and lifted him out of the pit, doing his best to not jostle the child too much. The kid's clothes were muddy and wet and his skin felt barely warm to the touch. Algar's eyes narrowed as he realized the caravan guard's words about the child not lasting the night were all too true. After this was taken care of, he would need to find Karin and find out what exactly had happened.

True to his word, he used his foot to kick the coil of rope down into the pit to give Linden a way to climb up.

Algar took firm hold of the boy and lifted him out of the pit, doing his best to not jostle the child too much. The kid's clothes were muddy and wet and his skin felt barely warm to the touch. Algar's eyes narrowed as he realized the caravan guard's words about the child not lasting the night were all too true. After this was taken care of, he would need to find Karin and find out what exactly had happened.

True to his word, he used his foot to kick the coil of rope down into the pit to give Linden a way to climb up.
(Question. Why would he ask karin what happened? Yes i know she was the last with him but as far as Algar knows they could've gotten attacked by something)

Linden assisted Algar as best he could in lifting Mavis out of the pit until the very tips of his fingers couldn't reach any more. He watched carefully from the bottom just in case the boy slipped from the bandit's grasp, and gave a small sigh of relief when Algar hoisted him up and away from the edge of the pit. At least one of them would make it out.

He grabbed the rope with both hands and began to claw his way up the wall, reaching across the top for something that wasn't as slippery and wet as the rock. For a moment he thought that even with the rope he might end up sliding back down, but managed to get his hand around the rock which the other end of the rope was tied to and used it to pull himself up the rest of the way. Aware of how ungraceful it looked, he hauled himself up the last couple feet and rolled away from the edge on his belly. Once he had his feet under him again, he caught Algar's eye and realized that the bandit was at least partly concerned for the well-being of Mavis. Whether it was out of the sheer goodness of his heart or for other reasons, Linden didn't know. At the moment though he was just glad that for the time being the bandits seemed to care that another person's life was in danger.

Last edited:
The sky was turning red as the sun set, promising an end to the rain of the past few days and a much brighter day in the morrow. If I live to see it... Terrick thought to himself.

As they made the trek back up toward the top of the mountain pass, the sellsword tried to gain as much information from the elf as he could. "Do you know anything of the cave system?" he asked.
"Some" Raven answered "My people do not take well to caves. We prefer the trees, and open places." She fell silent for a few steps "I did have to go in there once, a long time ago. I did not go far, so can only tell you of the first branching."

"Some" Raven answered "My people do not take well to caves. We prefer the trees, and open places." She fell silent for a few steps "I did have to go in there once, a long time ago. I did not go far, so can only tell you of the first branching."

"It's better than going in blind, certainly," Terrick said. "Is there anything special about the branch? Does it afford enough room to maneuver freely?"

Linden assisted Algar as best he could in lifting Mavis out of the pit until the very tips of his fingers couldn't reach any more. He watched carefully from the bottom just in case the boy slipped from the bandit's grasp, and gave a small sigh of relief when Algar hoisted him up and away from the edge of the pit. At least one of them would make it out.

He grabbed the rope with both hands and began to claw his way up the wall, reaching across the top for something that wasn't as slippery and wet as the rock. For a moment he thought that even with the rope he might end up sliding back down, but managed to get his hand around the rock which the other end of the rope was tied to and used it to pull himself up the rest of the way. Aware of how ungraceful it looked, he hauled himself up the last couple feet and rolled away from the edge on his belly. Once he had his feet under him again, he caught Algar's eye and realized that the bandit was at least partly concerned for the well-being of Mavis. Whether it was out of the sheer goodness of his heart or for other reasons, Linden didn't know. At the moment though he was just glad that for the time being the bandits seemed to care that another person's life was in danger.

Merek stood nearby, sword in one hand, torch in the other, and ready to act should it prove necessary. He watched Linden carefully as the man hauled himself up the rope and over the edge of the Pit, as if he expected the man to try to either attack or flee as soon as he was back on his feet.

Algar waited patiently until the caravan guard stood. "Here," he said, holding Mavis slightly toward Linden, "take him." The new leader assumed that if the guard had his hands full with the child, he was less likely to cause trouble.

"It's better than going in blind, certainly," Terrick said. "Is there anything special about the branch? Does it afford enough room to maneuver freely?"
"The cave is under an enormous oak tree. A large boulder partially conceals an opening big enough for a tall man to enter. A crude stairwell has been built to ease the descent down into the cave system. A narrow tunnel slopes slightly downhill about 30 feet before it branches." She held her arms wide "This wide at the smallest part, the rest of it is wider." She said and dropped her arms back to her side. She looked at the wagons as they reached them, then to the other humans.

Back
Top Bottom