care to share your silkie crosses?

I kept a gold...Cosmo and a silver....Stella They hatched on Easter so that makes them nearly 8 weeks old:

Here’s my silkie cross
DE8FE613-6BAA-4D47-B3A9-83FDFA7BADAC.jpeg

Attachments

• 1899C6EC-DEC2-40A7-9EC7-E3D221802897.jpeg
    1899C6EC-DEC2-40A7-9EC7-E3D221802897.jpeg
    106.3 KB · Views: 9
I don't have any but usually black skin, feathered feet and extra toes. But usually very cute!

all crosses will come out looking different because of the gene pool but the pics can show what you can expect from the silkie crosses. i should be getting some silkie x d'uccle mixes around feb. and i cant wait
big_smile.png

Quote:
Thanks (I love my little silkie crosses) it was really fun....waiting and guessing what the little chicks would look like!
smile.png

Josie360: I really LIKE your silkie cross....he is gorgeous! (I'm sure he is aware of how handsome he is)
lol.png

Silkie crosses are some of my favorite mutts ever, I have yet to see a boring looking silkie cross.

Here's the only one I have at the moment, she's a great broody, shes pictured with some BCM chicks she htched a couple years ago and she actually setting on her own eggs right now.
37373_100_4471.jpg

Quote:
you can actually sex them at hatch if you use silkie roo over any type of hen.

Quote:
Thanks for confirming my "Sex Linked" Theory by using Silky Roos

What if the cross was the other way around ? Should they all be dark skinned then ? I've hatched dark skinned pullets that I'm pretty sure were a BCM roo in Silkie hens, but then I've also hatched a white skinned pullet from a Mottled Cochin roo on a White silkie hen.

Back
Top Bottom