Carnivores Waking Up

EricMd01

Songster
5 Years
Mar 7, 2014
ky
My carnivorous plants have had a long, rough winter and are just beginning to wake up. I hope in the next couple of weeks i'll have some nice growth on these. Right now the sarracenias/pitcher plants are putting up flower buds/flowers and the venus flytraps are putting up new traps.

Sarracenia seedlings trying to come out of dormancy.

DSCF4844_zpsc4c59ba3.jpg
[/URL]

Sarracenia flower buds and flowers

DSCF4834_zpse85dbfec.jpg
[/URL]

DSCF4839_zpsd1fef91d.jpg
[/URL]

DSCF4838_zps870d4a30.jpg
[/URL]

DSCF4837_zpsef97d4b8.jpg
[/URL]

DSCF4744_zpsfe33f8b3.jpg
[/URL]

Venus flytraps trying to break dormancy

DSCF4846_zps42c016ac.jpg
[/URL]

DSCF4845_zpsea28159c.jpg
[/URL]

Thanks for stopping by!

got this nepenthes about 10 months ago. it wasnt doing much in the window I had it in so its been under 18 hours of a t5 all winter. I was really excited when I got a pitcher in january but it started to die a few weeks ago. I dont have great sun exposure in the house so thats why its under the light. its growing though. my hopes is to be able to take a cutting from it.

p.s. your picture links are broken
4y6usa3a.jpg

those are some pretty pics. And this is a cool thread. I got a venus fly trap and some other plant kit from lowes a for weeks ago. Its grown a good bit and my daughter checks on it several times a day. Lol she calls it the monster plant and named it stinky.
lau.gif

well got up this morning goofed off a bit and checked my plants. i got two idk i guess mouths on my venus flytrap about 1/8 in. big so its doing better then i thought.

Last edited:
@EricMd01 your plants are absolutely breathtaking!!!! I've tried VFTs numerous times with "0" success so I just gave up...turns out I've been killing them with kindness, so thanks for the growing tips! I may just have to try growing them again.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom