Cedar Park, TX - Does Animal Control have a right to get involved and state that I'm violating the l

I went to the latest Cedar Park meeting, now in the zoning and planning department to make a decision on whether the ordinance should stick or be changed. The speaker for chickens was well prepared, gave a LOT of facts about dogs and cats being even more disease carriers and dogs far greater polluters. My girlfriend's neighbors showed up and the wife PLEADED holding a picture of her child who has a heart condition "THIS IS WHO YOU ARE GOING TO AFFECT IF MY NEIGHBOR HAS CHICKENS!!!" She was pitiful and so ill-informed. Her neighbor's chicken feces are not going to fly in her child's mouth. He is at greater risk from the dogs my friend tells me she has. If she doesn't pick up feces and flush with bleach, their dog brings in more disease causing matter than they will ever get from her neighbor's few chickens. Some people just do not want to be informed. It appears it is more a matter of toxic neighbor not wanting chickens for the sake of being spiteful than concern for her child at work here. The child goes out to play with all the other kids and goes to school. I thought it inappropriate for a workshop to have her present for the opposing side. HOA member also reported concern of lowered home value. The pro-chicken speaker polled realtors and found that chickens in yards or coops had no detriment to re-sale marketplace for home sales. The vote was not sufficient to make a recommendation so Oct. 15 the board will hopefully have missing members, both sides will present, hopefully we can overcome all the obstacles brought up by those who cast the dissenting votes. We have researched their concerns and I believe we can allay them. The opposition presented no facts, just feelings and possible effects. If EVERYONE has chickens they will be running all over causing animal control and the courts to be overworked. Since one of the board members suggested let the ordinance stand as is and if people want chickens and keep them in a good manner they won't be reported and no one will know. HUH? WHAT kind of crazy thinking is that? So, I'm testing the situation. I brought back my surviving chickens and picked up a few more. I will keep them in the proper manner. My toxic neighbor who reported me has moved and now I have wonderful neighbors so I am not concerned with being reported to my HOA or CP police. The board member suggested this is the way to work the system, so we shall see!

Back
Top Bottom