Cemani

tingle

Songster
10 Years
Mar 17, 2009
Merseyside
I am waiting with baited breath for my Cemani eggs to arrive from Germany we are in UK and I dont know of any here so I have bought some from Germany I dont know how they will develop after their journey but for anybody interested I will keep you informed with pictures of the eggs and their progress

he chicks are 2 weeks old here I think maybe a pair
25247_photo0565.jpg

Heres another couple of pictures of the hatch they are about 31/2 months old now still not sure what gender they are but I would expect cockerels to have a larger comb looking at the finished bird but whatever they are they are same sex as they are identical.Mt second batch of eggs again only produced 2 chicks doing well but I hope I can make a pair up
25247_photo0701.jpg
25247_photo0722.jpg
25247_photo0719.jpg
25247_photo0718.jpg

Quote:
There are already birds with Ayam Cemani blood in the USA. Starting from the beginning would likely require more generations than any of us have left in our relatively short lifetimes to reach.

It could be problematic if people started using the term Cemani to describe birds that have no Cemani blood. Even the birds that are only partially Cemani should probably not be called Cemani.

If people are truly interested and this is not another heart-pounding fad poultiers will need to get organized and prepare a breed registry. They will need to be prepared to sign breeder's loans agreements and work together in collaboration to produce Ayam Cemani in the United States.

Last edited:
Just looked them up on feathersite wow,those chickens are very cool birds I cant believe that there whole body is black though sure hope they hatch!

Back
Top Bottom