Cemani

MORE PIX OF THE CEMANI GROWING NICELY I THINK THEY ARE 2 HENS ANY IDEAS? I HAVE SOME MORE EGGS ON THEIR WAY FROM GERMANY SO HOPE TO GET A SMALL FLOCK
25247_photo0574.jpg
25247_photo0575.jpg
25247_photo0576.jpg
25247_photo0578.jpg
dchickens.com/forum/uploads/25247_photo0577.jpg[/img]
25247_photo0579.jpg
25247_photo0581.jpg
25247_photo0580.jpg[/img]

I had never heard of or seen these birds before now. It looks like their wattles and combs are BLACK unlike mulberry that you see on Silkies and other black skinned chickens. Amazing!

Thanks folks,the combs look th same size to me and not having anything to compare its difficult,the reason I said hens was,I thought the combs would be larger at this age on a cockerel,just hope I get some chicks from the next batch, will post some more pix as they grow they dont lok very interesting at the moment (quite plain apart from being totaly black (Arie I havnt forgotten you just waiting for the woman to send me her email so I can pass )it on to you!

From what I gather the silkie feathering is a poor bred bird and not standard it is said to throw back to "silkies" introduced somewhere to get the black skin but I havnt seen or heard of the naked necks but I suppose it would be easy to make one

Quote:
Hello Tony,

I can wait. Nice chicks, I like them. Give the birds some time to grow and you can see if there is an cockerel with them.
I gladly hear from you when you have the e-mailadres for me.

Kind regards, Arie

Back
Top Bottom