Censorship

Status
Not open for further replies.
well said speckled hen.
smile.png

Once again speckled hen, you are right. That shows how mature you are, you know you have a hard time switching gears so you chose not to take the chance. Yea, the word I used is questionable, but I'm glad this checker thing is there cause I really don't like reading some of the "more earthy" words.
Yes there are other words, from now on I will call it "little marble shaped balls of fertilizer, another gift from my babies"
hugs.gif

If the word I used has to be censored to eliminate the other "Seven Deadly Words" (Who was the comidian who did that bit back in the 70's?) then I'm all good with that.

Quote:
Are you refering to George Carlin's 7 words you can not say on TV skit??

Come on guys you didnt think I wouldnt read this and have a comment now did you?????

How many checked to see my comment??

All I do when I get home from work is read the new post and laugh my BLEEP ( censored) off . I go straight for yours. Thanks for the laughs md.

My students can read this site and I don't have to worry at all. They laugh at some of my phrases I use in place of cursing and we have a talk early on in the year about what we can replace foul language with. When I get ticked off and spout off with Holy Kawasaki Rat Man what were you thinking??? They know I'm not happy but that I respect them enough not to cuss at them. In place of GD I use God Bless America!
But you have to remember, language doesn't make the man, the man makes the language. I don't want to be remembered for my foul mouth!
K

Yea Md that's it.. Glad you commented.

Writer, thats what I just can't figure the reasoning out. You get upset and say God Bless America, someone else gets upset and says GD. You're both upset. What's the difference. Is it the sound of the word? Then Truck and puck etc would be bad. I just don't understand who decided certain words are unexceptable. Don't get me wrong, I know which words are inappropriate and perfer to refain. But, if I get enough people not to like the word "egg" or whatever will it become inapropriate?
I'm intimidated, please excuse my spelling, gramer and punctuation
hu.gif

Repobob,

I think as parents we decide what words we want to be used around our children and then it snowballs. I would not let my girls say hate because my nieces first words were "I hate you" I didn't want my kids to fall into that and it was a teaching tool for me to teach about loving others.

I was born in the 60's and growing up kids were not to hear the word pregnant! Times change and standards change.

I like Speckle don't speak any different away from kids than I do around kids and I am around kids all day long.

But I have to tell you there are some people and or kids that have lived a different lives and don't understand. Last year we had a student to said a profranity and I was getting on to him and after talking to this 2nd grader he absolutely did not realize they were bad words. I couldn't punish him, we had a talk and he asked if he could come to me at times to see if words were ok to use. He said there were some words used at home he had never heard at school.

I am thankful Nifty has chosen to have a kid friendly forum and we have some pretty great kids on this forum.

jackie

Jackie, I'm not trying to be confrontational at all, and please don't take it that way. But, now another word thats not liked is added to the list. Hate. I hate pediphiles (sp). Is that wrong to say? Its true. I would as soon have them executed rather than continue their miserable life. See my point. I feel like people should be taught to use the proper word at the proper time, not just don't use that word. If I'm comming out of church and my car has a flat. While changing the flat the jack slips and the car falls on my arm. I'm not gonna say golly, gee wiz. I don't care if the pastors grandmother is there a word that I don't normally use is gonna come out of my mouth.
The more I think about it the more confused I get about the reasoning behind these "bad" words.

Yes, you have the right to determine what words are used around your kids. But why does the rest of society have to respect that. Its like here in Illinois they just passed a law about no smoking indoors anywhere. Now, if I spend 200K and buy a bar, and hire only people that smoke, and only want customers that smoke. And I am willing to lose the business of non smokers why can't I make that business decission myself without being forced. Now thats different than here, because NiftyChicken has decided that he wants a place where the other word for poo is not allowed. Its his board, I can respect that or move on. But the non smokers feel they have a right to tell the smoking bar owner he can't smoke in the bar he paid for. Thats what I guess I'm griping about. Why do people keep forcing their values on other people. I should make the decission how I talk, you should make the dicision about weather you want your kids around me. If you decide not then its your responsibility to make sure your kids are not where I am and not mine to change my behavior. Now I personally would not curse, even the "little words" in front of kids, its not the kind of example I want to set. I do that by choice. I just don't like being forced to conform. Personally I would rather see the Mods decide, I'm sure they know Nifty's wishes. Two warnings and your gone because thats the rules. But I have no right to force the issue.

The story you told about the kid in school is really sad. Its good your there to help him out.

When I post things here, I use much better choices of words than I do when thinking to myself or yelling in the car. I kind of like that BYC makes me be a better version of myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom