Central Coast California

I'm wondering why mine aren't crowing at 15 weeks. I heard one make what kinda sounded like it was trying but nothing. Out of the 11 hatched, I think I have 4-5 cockerels but I don't want to rehome anyone until I'm sure.

Quote:
My confirmed rooster makes less noise than the hens!
hu.gif

Hey guys,

So umm....I got my order of bantam Ameraucanas today. Silver, wheaten and lavender. They are SOOO cute.

I got the end of the guys hatching season though, and I got twice as many chicks as I ordered. Yes you read that right. TWICE. I have 50 chicks in my shed peeping up a storm. Luckily I had just bought a big brooder so they actually fit. Sheesh!

Anyway I posted an ad on craigslist because I certainly don't have room for 50 chickens, lol. I am selling at least half, but only the silvers and lavenders. You can PM or email me if you are interested.

http://slo.craigslist.org/grd/2389744367.html

I lived in Monterey county for a zillion years before I re-located to West Sacramento (due to promotion) four years ago. Got my first chickens two years ago last month. Just moved to the western Sierra foothills a few months ago WITH my ever-expanding flock.

Any time I see "Central California Coastline" I absolutely must come look at the thread.

Hey, howdy, all!

Uhhh, LarissaCluck, I wish I still lived in Castroville, so I could scoot down to snatch up those extra chicks of yours!

Pixiedouglas, I grew artichokes in West Sac. I'm gonna try to grow em here, too, but I fear for them in the winter.

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
I'm from Paso But Kevin @ Atascadero Feed orders all my special feed so I there once a week or so just picked up some Buckeye chicks to go with a single I had hatch from the egg swap.... if you ever want some pullets look me up I almost always have some for sale

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
I'm from Paso But Kevin @ Atascadero Feed orders all my special feed so I there once a week or so just picked up some Buckeye chicks to go with a single I had hatch from the egg swap.... if you ever want some pullets look me up I almost always have some for sale

What's this about an egg swap?

Back
Top Bottom