Central Coast California

Happy to hear that there are chicks available locally along the Central Coast. I live in Cambria. I bought my chicks three years ago at Farm Supply. These hatchery hens are wonderful pets but I've had some trouble with the egg shell formation. When I add a couple of pullets to my flock, I'd rather not get hatchery chicks. I'm thinking of getting a couple of Dominiques or BO. I'll subscribe to this thread and keep in touch.
frow.gif

I'm a chicken newbie who recently moved to Prunedale, near the artichoke farms in N. Monterey County. Does anyone have a suggestion as to where I can find pullets in the area? A few stores sell chicks, but I'd rather keep it simpler starting out. Is keeping an eye on craigslist the best way?

Thanks

Depends on what you would like. I'm in Paso Robles not that close though I almost always have pullets or hens for sale. I have some 2 month olds right now black olive eggers and a few New Hampshires and I have some 2 year old Delaware hens and New Hampshire hens just PM me if you want to drive this far.

LA Hearne Its chickie season again!!

I'm a chicken newbie who recently moved to Prunedale, near the artichoke farms in N. Monterey County. Does anyone have a suggestion as to where I can find pullets in the area? A few stores sell chicks, but I'd rather keep it simpler starting out. Is keeping an eye on craigslist the best way?

Thanks

I have a few for sale all the time it just depends on what you would like these were hatched in December so they can be outside without heat and they should stay laying in late May..I'm in Paso Robles so not that close just PM me

hi! I live in SLO city. looking for silkie and seabright breeders! do you know any?

Cant pm anymore says I'm only allowed 2 a day. Anyways I was hoping to get 20.00 a piece because the eggs are pretty pricey. I have some of my own silkie eggs that should be hatching in about 2 weeks. I'll keep you updated maybe we can work someting out, thanks for the tip on hens I'll do that.

Cant pm anymore says I'm only allowed 2 a day. Anyways I was hoping to get 20.00 a piece because the eggs are pretty pricey. I have some of my own silkie eggs that should be hatching in about 2 weeks. I'll keep you updated maybe we can work someting out, thanks for the tip on hens I'll do that.
your welcome, but again, i only have $10 to spend on chicks and i was hoping to get at least 2 for that much. because you can get them in farm supply for $3 a chick. so thats 3 for about $10. the reason i cant get them is because they are out of season. so could you tell me your lowest price? also, i need to have gas money for the 1 hour drive to paso(if i am going).

thank you,
Caohorse

Back
Top Bottom