Chantecler Thread: Buff, Patridge, White, Red and any rare colors!

Any chantecler breeders in or near southeast Nebraska?  I just started with chickens last year (Buckeyes and Favarolles) and loved them.  As winter egg laying slowed to a stand still in the area this winter I got to thinking about white Chanteclers.  I just can't find any around and Sand Hill is sold out through this year.  I want to find a breeder if I can rather than the big hatcheries; had a great experience with my breeder last year but he doesn't have Chanteclers.  Any help would be appreciated! 
Thanks everyone.
Nate

Cackle Hatchery has them.

i communicated with him primarily through facbook. Fayrehale. look him up. there should still be part of that batch in Seward and she might have eggs or chicks this year, the half i kept for myself was decimated by dogs. :(

hi! I have 1 white hen and 3 partridge with a partridge roo, just got them last yr. hoping to separate and breed this spring......if the wind and snow would go away it might help If I can get pics up I will....mine are from a breeder in Burch Run, Mi.

i communicated with him primarily through facbook. Fayrehale. look him up. there should still be part of that batch in Seward and she might have eggs or chicks this year, the half i kept for myself was decimated by dogs. :(
Thanks a lot! I emailed Fayrehale, and they do ship eggs. The minimum order is 12, for $50+ shipping. I will order some of these soon. Also, they have Icelandic chickens, which I would like to try, maybe 4 Icelandic eggs and 8 Chantecler eggs. Anyone have Icelandics?

hi! I have 1 white hen and 3 partridge with a partridge roo, just got them last yr. hoping to separate and breed this spring......if the wind and snow would go away it might help If I can get pics up I will....mine are from a breeder in Burch Run, Mi.
Yes, we always like pics of Chanteclers!
thumbsup.gif

My husband just got back from the Canadian Heritage Breeds show with the news that our mystery pullet might be a Buff Chantecler. She came from a lady who bought birds for her grand-daughter but decided to sell them when her grand-daughter didn't show interest-she really didn't know much about the multiple breed flock she had. This pullet is the only one that has stumped us! We knew she wasn't an Orpington as her build is different and is yellow skinned. We thought maybe a buff rock but her build isn't as hefty! Personality-wise, this pullet wants nothing to do with us. I would describe her as flighty. She is just about to start laying so we're hoping she settles in like the other ladies!
Could she be a Buff Chantecler?

Taken today, sorry about the bad quality, she's super fast!

Pictured at lower right, 2 months ago.

Back
Top Bottom