Chat room for non religious poultry keepers! :D

Snow is pretty. A walk down the (plowed) road, admiring the snow in the fields is nice.

Driving? Whole 'nuther ballgame. Every car accident I've been in has been because of bad roads in the winter.

My two big complaints about winter are: winter driving and the short hours of daylight. Hubby does most of the driving now, but can't do anything about the hours and hours of darkness.

Ok, I don't like extreme cold either. Once it's down to 10 F (above zero; not going to even talk about below zero), I want to stay in bed.
I run extremely cold. Anything under 50 is pretty miserable for me. Apart from one drivers Ed incident (I wasn't the one driving) and one shed that blew up, every scare I've had that wasn't from other people driving was because I got sucked off the road into the snow.

Well I for one have a love/hate for snow. I love it because it makes us money 💰 Jake plows as a side gig. I hate it because I'm anemic and already suffer terribly in the cold and despise driving in it, I had a traumatic accident years ago after a rain/snow storm. It is stunningly pretty from inside my house, under a blanket with a cup of coffee or cocoa 🤣

I am also not looking forward to trudging to the coop all winter long to feed and water these ungrateful heifers 🤭

I know some people are opposed to it, but I have HUGE waterers and feeders, that only need to be cleaned/refilled weekly or in case of an emergency bi-weekly. Works great for me, and the birds are happy

under a blanket with a cup of coffee or cocoa 🤣

Mmmm, cocoa season is coming, isn't it? :love

I am also not looking forward to trudging to the coop all winter long to feed and water these ungrateful heifers 🤭

I both begrudge winter because of this and also feel some relief because my birds don't want to free-range in the cold and snow so I don't have to be worrying about them all the time. 😅

I know some people are opposed to it, but I have HUGE waterers and feeders, that only need to be cleaned/refilled weekly or in case of an emergency bi-weekly. Works great for me, and the birds are happy
Our water freezes. No point in filling giant ones that will only freeze that same day

Yeah, that would never work here, either. Many days in winter it would be frozen by noon anyway. :hmm

Back
Top Bottom