Chat room for non religious poultry keepers! :D

I'm looking forward to not having to worry about them whilst free-ranging but not about having to clean the coop more because of all the poo 😒 I know everyone does deep litter Yada Yada but I'm not sure I can handle that it might make my ocd nutty lol I clean my coop all the time 🤣

I'm also not sure how my velco chickens are going to handle not being near me every day 🤣🤣theyre worse then my children ever were 🤨🙄
20231002_142322.jpg

For water in the winter, I use a heated dog water bowl. I have a heavy duty exterior extension cord that runs from my garage to the run. This set up has worked very well every winter.

I'm thinking I'll clean out the coop when most of the feathers have flown from the molters. The pine shavings will have all winter in the run to compost, and then I'll take them out and put them on the garden.

For water in the winter, I use a heated dog water bowl. I have a heavy duty exterior extension cord that runs from my garage to the run. This set up has worked very well every winter.

I'm thinking I'll clean out the coop when most of the feathers have flown from the molters. The pine shavings will have all winter in the run to compost, and then I'll take them out and put them on the garden.
That’s what we did too. The heated dog bowl with extension cord from the garage lol

The heated dog bowl
The very first time my girls encountered it was fun to watch. It's bright blue, not black like the rubber bowl. My brave girl, Little, was the first to approach it... slowly...

Peck peck... hard plastic. But there's shiny stuff inside... I watched her look at it (or maybe her reflection?) for a minute. Cautious peck... Hey! It's water! Hey everybody! Look what I found! :lau

The very first time my girls encountered it was fun to watch. It's bright blue, not black like the rubber bowl. My brave girl, Little, was the first to approach it... slowly...

Peck peck... hard plastic. But there's shiny stuff inside... I watched her look at it (or maybe her reflection?) for a minute. Cautious peck... Hey! It's water! Hey everybody! Look what I found! :lau
Mine was white with like grey flecks lol but that’s hilarious!

Back
Top Bottom