Chat Thread for the New Crazy 24 hour Auction

Have any of y'all ever dealt with a lost package? I shipped a package of eggs out Monday from TN. They were supposed to arrive yesterday in NY, but upon checking tracking, they're still not showing movement after arriving at the Chattanooga, TN hub. If, by some miracle, they do still arrive, what would you recommend the buyer do? I'm just looking for some input as I've never dealt with this before.
You can file a "where is my package request" But, most don't show any activity after leaving the original PO, until they hit your local hub.

I just had a shipment from NH show leaving the original PO - showing in transit. After 5 days, I filed a "where is my package claim". They sent a response that they would look in to it. Never heard back after that. Unfortunately, you can't file an insurance claim until the package has been missing for 15 days. I did, and on day 17, the package arrived - and all the proper scans - arrival in my main hub, then transfer to my local post office showed under that tracking ID. But, the claim had already been filed and I got a check for the entire Pay Pal amount, PLUS the shipping. I tried to set the eggs, but none hatched and several stunk and oozed.

Since you were the sender - the buyer will need your mailing address and name and phone number to put on the insurance claim, but they should be the one to file it. I used the Pay Pal receipt as support for the claim.

I hope the eggs show up today.

You can file a "where is my package request"   But, most don't show any activity after leaving the original PO, until they hit your local hub.  

I just had a shipment from NH show leaving the original PO - showing in transit.  After 5 days, I filed a "where is my package claim".  They sent a response that they would look in to it.  Never heard back after that.  Unfortunately, you can't file an insurance claim until the package has been missing for 15 days.  I did, and on day 17, the package arrived - and all the proper scans - arrival in my main hub, then transfer to my local post office showed under that tracking ID.  But, the claim had already been filed and I got a check for the entire Pay Pal amount, PLUS the shipping. I tried to set the eggs, but none hatched and several stunk and oozed.  

Since you were the sender - the buyer will need your mailing address and name and phone number to put on the insurance claim, but they should be the one to file it.  I used the Pay Pal receipt as support for the claim.  

I hope the eggs show up today.
Alrighty. I'm in que to get a call back from USPS Customer Service (didn't want to wait the estimate 56 minutes on hold) but will go ahead and message her all my info for a claim now. I'm still hoping upon hope that they'll arrive, but I'm not holding my breath. Thank you all for your help and advise. Just another reason I love this forum, great peeps. Keep your fingers crossed they materialize soon.

Have any of y'all ever dealt with a lost package? I shipped a package of eggs out Monday from TN. They were supposed to arrive yesterday in NY, but upon checking tracking, they're still not showing movement after arriving at the Chattanooga, TN hub. If, by some miracle, they do still arrive, what would you recommend the buyer do? I'm just looking for some input as I've never dealt with this before.
I'm becoming an expert at this! Either of you can file electronically. Don't even try to talk with a live person, even if you get one it is hopeless (IMO). My last refund was for late eggs. 8 days from TN to NH. The heat packs gave out and a couple of eggs froze and burst. In my claim, I explained the package was time sensitive and that is the reason I picked Priority mail, etc, etc. I requested the $75 on the invoice, knowing the most my insurance was for was $50.00. Received a check in the mail about 2 weeks later for $50. This is the 5th or 6th claim I have won. The first time I did it they denied me (dead rooster) and I had such a melt down, counter pounding fit, at the airport PO they all now know me and treat the eggs/chicks/chickens well, at least to my face. I filed 3 separate claims for that first one. There is a grievance procedure also. If you plan to ship much, find out who the supervisor is at your PO. Talk with them. Ask about when they think is the best time/day of the week, etc to ship poultry. In your town, they will get to know you. I am sure they have helped me out with shipping. I put on such a show the first time they may be scared I will Go Postal!

I was hoping that was the case too, but being that they were supposed to arrive yesterday, I'm thinking they may have been lost to the dreaded USPS black hole. :(
I shipped Priority, so they are insured, and have advised the buyer to file a claim if our efforts to recover them are for naught. I also advised her that if they were to arrive in the next few days to open/inspect them at the PO and document everything just incase. 2 days in the mail is hard enough on them, I just don't see how they could remain viable after 4+ days being jostled about
@meltel had some goose eggs get lost for a week and still had some hatch so not all hope is lost!!! Good luck!!!

I received my eggs from @wvduckchick and I must say that was probably the best packing job I've ever seen. I have order a LOT of eggs on line too! Thanks again!

@GardenWren
Baby number one (F3 Olive Egger)

Last edited:
barnie.gif
just saw the new call eggies listed!!! you are mean Ravyn!! and i dont have my bator right now, it is lent out, which is probably a good thing

Just talked with the nice man at our local post office - barring some unforseen complication, I should receive my precious cargo from @cjwaldon by 11am!! In light of all our postal conversations, I decided to be proactive and tell him to keep his eyes peeled for them, as they are very important ! He was great and said he absolutely would do. Good man.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom