Chat Thread for the New Crazy 24 hour Auction

I just saw this.

OH NO! How do you destroy a doubled boxed group of eggs????

Let me know if we had any survivors.

I was at the U.S. Postal Museum in Washington D.C. a couple months ago. Unless you paid for special handling, mail (including packages) are machine-sorted. It's amazing how shipped eggs remain viable and hatch after going through the conveyor belts at the sorting facilities. When boxes are damaged, most likely the damage occurred during the machine sorting process where boxes/packages may collide against each other and sustain damage.

Postal good news!!!:weee
@minihorse927's Swedish Flower Hen egg shipment arrived unscathed! I jokingly called the outside layer "Fort Box" the shavings were so tightly packed and the inner box so perfectly centered!

And here they are, taking a short rest from their journey before, hopefully, becoming beautiful chicks!
:weee great news!
Minihorse do you have any pics of the eggs I would like to see what they look like. I was in TSC this morning and was tempted to get some pekins and Khaki Campbells but I decided I would wait but your Anconas are beautiful!!
I will get you a picture as soon as I get back home :)

Thank you!!

@dmrippy. Holy cow. I just finished breaking into Fort Knox (your packaged eggs). Perfectly packaged! I spot checked about 6 aircells and they are perfect. Thanks!!!

I haven't shipped or received eggs in a couple of years but you guys (@wvduckchick and @dmrippy) have upped the packing game about 100 notches

Up For Buy It Now: 7+ Silver Spitzhauben eggs - already tested for fertility this spring and have lovlies hatched and growing spots. Pictures are of my actual breeding birds. [COLOR=4B0082]$50 includes 7+ eggs, shipping and special wrapping.[/COLOR] I will include at no extra cost spitz daddy over olive egger if you like - that will be about 4 eggs if you want them added. SS parents are show quality - but as always - the offspring are not guaranteed to be show quality. I can ship Mon or Tues. Please do ask me any questions you may have ..... THANKS !!!
I did the test hatch for these guys! The chicks are absolutely adorable. Kept two for myself :love

@TJChickens I would love the D'Uccles, but I just went crazy on Ebay and am getting about 60 eggs over the next week. I'm going to have trouble handling all those!!

I got Speckled Sussex, Blue Wyandottes, Heritage RIRs, and I ordered another dozen of the Frizzle/Silkie eggs from the seller I got the last ones I just hatched. I also bid on some barred rock and silver laced Wyandottes.

It seems that as the weather is warming up, seems like everyone has eggs again.

Does anyone have any buy it now auctions that they could post that are at most $20 including shipping and could ship Monday? I have 12 spots left in my bator and only $20 left to spend.

Back
Top Bottom