Chat Thread for the New Crazy 24 hour Auction

Pics
Last edited:
@TJChickens
Only a few are intact, but I have my auto turner off in the upright position. From what I have read, I should be letting them go upright for 4-5 days and the let the turner do its job. Do you agree with this? All input is appreciated! Also, They last time I incubated eggs, I did a dry incubation. The humidity level was around 20-30% even with not adding water. I had pretty god results. These eggs should be the same correct? I am thinking it should be no different, but It doesn't hurt to ask.

Yeah. I let them sit without motion until some good veining starts. On some, that's enough to hold the cells in place. On others that are sloshy or are very saddle shaped, I only turn by hand by leaving them upright but tilting them just a tiny bit side to side to "turn" them. I have 18 loose cell shipped eggs in my incubator right now. They are all different and are being treated accordingly. I keep my humidity around 30 also and do the same for the shipped eggs.

Yeah. I let them sit without motion until some good veining starts. On some, that's enough to hold the cells in place. On others that are sloshy or are very saddle shaped, I only turn by hand by leaving them upright but tilting them just a tiny bit side to side to "turn" them. I have 18 loose cell shipped eggs in my incubator right now. They are all different and are being treated accordingly. I keep my humidity around 30 also and do the same for the shipped eggs.

Thank You! I am excited! and apparently needed more! Because It looks like I will have some more eggs coming from you!
ya.gif

Are all the Mille eggs I will be setting related? I was curious if I wanted to hatch some egg from them eventually, would they be to....whats the word for it inbred? Line bred maybe? Other wise I will try to get another line in. I just can't help but want to hatch eggs I guess!

Thank You! I am excited! and apparently needed more! Because It looks like I will have some more eggs coming from you!
ya.gif

Are all the Mille eggs I will be setting related? I was curious if I wanted to hatch some egg from them eventually, would they be to....whats the word for it inbred? Line bred maybe? Other wise I will try to get another line in. I just can't help but want to hatch eggs I guess!
It's pretty addictive......
My millies are almost all unrelated but live in one pen together. There are no inbred birds in there so your chicks would probably be pretty safe to breed together. There may be half sisters or brothers but probably very few full sisters and brothers. Never hurts to bring in new blood though.

http://dickeyincubators.com/

Located in Georgia, Mr. Dickey started making each one of these by hand himself... if you have any problems or need replacement parts, you can call him personally and he will walk you through fixes and help with ANY issues... and prices are very reasonable...

they have less vibration and are wood over metal. I think they Are the best Cabinet currently made

A Dickey is what I'm saving up for.

Isn't that right @PD-Riverman:D

Sweet!!! :D

they have less vibration and are wood over metal. I think they Are the best Cabinet currently made

I agree... Nothing against GQF, any cabinet is better than the styros, lol... but I prefer the wood over metal... if you can get your hands on a Leahy, I highly recommend them... I was gonna get a Dickey, but got lucky and my OH found a sweet deal on an old Leahy redwood... :D

How is that wafer thermostat? I see the option for digital. They look pretty gangsta

Digitals are nice, but are open to more issues... my cabinet incubator is digital, great until lately, need to replace thermostat... my cabinet hatcher is wafer and has been absolutely rock solid...
I thought I would prefer digital, but I actually think I prefer the wafer, just get a couple extra wafers for replacements when needed...
But it all comes down to personal choice... :)

Sweet!!! :D
I agree... Nothing against GQF, any cabinet is better than the styros, lol... but I prefer the wood over metal... if you can get your hands on a Leahy, I highly recommend them... I was gonna get a Dickey, but got lucky and my OH found a sweet deal on an old Leahy redwood... :D

I have an old humidair. But... its 1400 egggs. And its too harD to keep the humidity up with only like 100 egggs lol. Dicky is more reasonable.
uote name="RavynFallen" url="/t/826325/chat-thread-for-the-new-crazy-24-hour-auction/810#post_14968375"]
Digitals are nice, but are open to more issues... my cabinet incubator is digital, great until lately, need to replace thermostat... my cabinet hatcher is wafer and has been absolutely rock solid...
I thought I would prefer digital, but I actually think I prefer the wafer, just get a couple extra wafers for replacements when needed...
But it all comes down to personal choice... :)[/quote]
dicky has both (i did the same thing with the humidair)

Back
Top Bottom