Chat Thread for the New Crazy 24 hour Auction

Pics
Ha! He spends as much time as he can with all the 'new arrivals', lol... he's the biggest chick enabler ever... think I need to find duckie sized chickie suits... ;)

Oh... and they're much worse than chicks when it comes to bonding!!! They imprint on humans in no time and then you're in trouble. When I have ducklings they follow me around the house if I let them out, peep for me when I put them up, and fall asleep in my lap when I'm watching TV. It's almost impossible to not love those cute little boogers :)

Oh... and they're much worse than chicks when it comes to bonding!!! They imprint on humans in no time and then you're in trouble. When I have ducklings they follow me around the house if I let them out, peep for me when I put them up, and fall asleep in my lap when I'm watching TV. It's almost impossible to not love those cute little boogers :)

Must... Stop... Reading....
Chicken/Duck math activating. ;)

Can chickens and ducks live well together in the same pen?

Must... Stop... Reading....
Chicken/Duck math activating. ;)

Can chickens and ducks live well together in the same pen?

I have ducks and chickens currently housed separately. I have a friend who keeps her call ducks, geese and serama chickens together in the same pen. It's quite a large pen though with ample room for them to get away from each other if they need to or want to.

I have ducks and chickens currently housed separately. I have a friend who keeps her call ducks, geese and serama chickens together in the same pen. It's quite a large pen though with ample room for them to get away from each other if they need to or want to.

Yes, it can be done with LOTS of room. My mother had ducks, geese, chickens and turkeys all penned together, but it was like a 2 acre fenced in area.

I've never had that much space, so I always kept waterfowl separate from the rest.

The slightly ornery side of me now wants Purple Morons.  With the 's'.  Just sayin'!  :clap

Omg i laughed so hard there. I want to compose the caustic post that tellss you moron are french and thus always have an s. Classicc.

Someone in the Marans thread asked about white Marians. :pop Can the thread redeem itself? ;)

well we are not am people. That is where angels fear to tread!

Yes, it can be done with LOTS of room. My mother had ducks, geese, chickens and turkeys all penned together, but it was like a 2 acre fenced in area. 

I've never had that much space, so I always kept waterfowl separate from the rest.

Me to... for now. There is a move in my near future to that kind of property. Still plan to keep all the kids separate but with lots of room for each of them to roam :)

Back
Top Bottom