Chat Thread for the New Crazy 24 hour Auction

Subscribing
smile.png

Does anyone know a breeder / a website / a hatchery which ships worldwide? (To the middle east, Qatar)

Anyone have some NPIP good quality flock, silkie eggs coming?

I'm looking for white, splash, paint, some odd colors (non-standard colors, yellow, grey, etc) but want good bearded and crested feathering.

anyway... just wondering... In west central illinois so would be awesome if someone close enough to drive to but can figure shipped eggs if needed.

I have Fifty Five Flowery Hens.  They are a type of Leghorn, autosexing, developed in Sweden by Martin Silverudd, idk, maybe some call them Swedish Leghorns?  Haven't hear them called that before, only Fifty Five Flowery Hens or Fifty Five Flowery Leghorns.  Swedish Leghorns is kind of catchy though.  ;)

That sounds very interesting. Do you have pictures?

Looking for Lavender Orpington hatching eggs. I had some lined up locally, but a blasted raccoon went and ruined everything. I'd love someone forever for hooking me up with some of those little jewels!

Looking for Lavender Orpington hatching eggs. I had some lined up locally, but a blasted raccoon went and ruined everything. I'd love someone forever for hooking me up with some of those little jewels!

Would love to help you out, but my girls have been freeloading for a couple months now! :barnie

Would love to help you out, but my girls have been freeloading for a couple months now! :barnie
Well shoot. My flock was freeloading badly until the weather here seemingly forgot what month it was and turned unseasonably warm. I've been getting between 16-20 eggs a day for the past 2 weeks. Even my Isabels have started laying steadily. *crossing my fingers for a successful hatch from them* When they do get the ol' egg factory back up and runnin, I'd love some eggs if you wouldn't mind keeping me in mind.

Well shoot. My flock was freeloading badly until the weather here seemingly forgot what month it was and turned unseasonably warm. I've been getting between 16-20 eggs a day for the past 2 weeks. Even my Isabels have started laying steadily. *crossing my fingers for a successful hatch from them* When they do get the ol' egg factory back up and runnin, I'd love some eggs if you wouldn't mind keeping me in mind.

Wow! Lucky you, to have some still laying! Good luck on the hatch, and I'll sure let you know when mine pick up again.

Im glad Im not the only one! I have 14 production reds last winter they layed an egg a day consistently this year they are free loading! It got so bad I had to buy store eggs
1f614.png
1f61d.png
1f615.png

My reds are about the only ones that are still laying. So I haven't had to buy any for eating...yet...lol

Wow! Lucky you, to have some still laying! Good luck on the hatch, and I'll sure let you know when mine pick up again.
My reds are about the only ones that are still laying. So I haven't had to buy any for eating...yet...lol
Mine did last year too, Idk if they are only good layers for thier first year because they are such high production birds or what, but Im gonna have to replace them with some black australorps, I cant feed 15 birds for free all winter!!!!

Last edited:
Mine did last year too, Idk if they are only good layers for thier first year because they are such high production birds or what, but Im gonna have to replace them with some black australorps, I cant feed 15 birds for free all winter!!!!

As great as all the sex link reds we've had have been, the do tend to lay out pretty fast. We had Golden Comets and Cinnamon Queens the year before last. They started early and layed like mad for right at a year and a half then slowly, one by one, they started to "fizzle" out. We decided to try again with some Golden Buffs this year since our church, and therefore our egg demands have greatly increased, but I'm not holding my breath that they'll do much better. They're good while they last, though. Ended up buying Barred Rocks, Black Australorps and some more Buff Orpingtons to make up the difference when they start declining in production so we don take the hit we did last time.

Back
Top Bottom