Chat Thread for the New Crazy 24 hour Auction

My EE,silkie,polish,japaneese eggs hatch next monday after that i plan to put more In and possibly auction what I don't put in.
1f60a.png

:lau

@TalkBahk2Me I am so glad you are happy!!! (Though I think that might be a slight understatement, lol)

Sorry the box took a beating, but really glad all eggs made it ok... let me know how they do!!!

Happy is obviously and understatement
1f61c.png
1f601.png
1f44d.png

1f425.png
1f495.png
1f423.png

DwayneNLiz- your right I just need some nice typical good ole coffee to regulate my antics and enthusiasm. Sigh lol

Thank you WVDuckchick! I am going to keep an eye on them. Read varying opinions on hatch success.

I am thrilled with the fertility and the eggs she sent! Highly recommend her to others that are looking for varied mixed breeds! I am very excited to see what I get. Really hoping for some Frizzles! They are so stinking cute!!!

I am going to have to use my previous incubator though to hatch out most of the eggs though- some of these eggs were really big! LOL They all barely fit in my Brinsea. I think what I will do is move most to the Farm Innovator Pro Series, as well as the ones which are wobbly/saddle shaped (if they progress to lockdown). These I will put into a egg carton with the bottoms cut out. That way the air cells are stabilized with baby rocking. I will keep a few in the Brinsea as well. It states good for 24 eggs- but who ever measured must have measured small eggs! I certainly can't see how 24 eggs could all hatch in it!

I just loaded my brinsea last night. Took 30 eggs, plus a teeny bantam egg sitting on top. Most were large to jumbo. You have to take out the rails and get creative. Like packing the dishwasher
1f601.png
. Don't forget to balance the weight properly to not burn out the Turner.

I just loaded my brinsea last night. Took 30 eggs, plus a teeny bantam egg sitting on top. Most were large to jumbo. You have to take out the rails and get creative. Like packing the dishwasher
1f601.png
. Don't forget to balance the weight properly to not burn out the Turner.
Be careful putting that many eggs in and using the turner.
old.gif
The arm on the turner motor can break and since there is no stop on the incubator/turner, the whole thing can tip over spilling the eggs out.
th.gif
Been there, done that.
hit.gif
Now I always hand turn my Brinsea when I overload it.

Be careful putting that many eggs in and using the turner. :old  The arm on the turner motor can break and since there is no stop on the incubator/turner, the whole thing can tip over spilling the eggs out. :th Been there, done that. :hit  Now I always hand turn my Brinsea when I overload it.

Mine on my Eco 40 broke while it was totally empty aside from my cat's fluids, so it doesn't even need to be overloaded. I'm sure glad it had no eggs in it at the time.

And then getting the warranty honored was like pulling teeth and it took them nearly a month to get the thing back to me fixed.

Mine on my Eco 40 broke while it was totally empty aside from my cat's fluids, so it doesn't even need to be overloaded. I'm sure glad it had no eggs in it at the time.

And then getting the warranty honored was like pulling teeth and it took them nearly a month to get the thing back to me fixed.
The arm is not very strong. I have replaced mine 4 or 5 times. The first 2 times it was supposed to be under warranty, but since I ordered a couple extra to have on hand for WHEN (not if
hmm.png
) it broke the next time, they charged me $5 a piece for each of them and $10 shipping. It's about a $0.10 part.
somad.gif
And as you say, they do not have to be overloaded to break. Brinsea really has lousy customer service and most of their products are not designed for heavy use. I have 2 Brinseas that need repair, but instead of spending a couple of hundred (at least, probably more), to have Brinsea fix them, plus the shipping, I think I will put that money toward a cabinet. I am looking at Dickeys.

The arm is not very strong. I have replaced mine 4 or 5 times. The first 2 times it was supposed to be under warranty, but since I ordered a couple extra to have on hand for WHEN (not if :/ ) it broke the next time, they charged me $5 a piece for each of them and $10 shipping. It's about a $0.10 part. :mad:   And as you say, they do not have to be overloaded to break. Brinsea really has lousy customer service and most of their products are not designed for heavy use. I have 2 Brinseas that need repair, but instead of spending a couple of hundred (at least, probably more), to have Brinsea fix them, plus the shipping, I think I will put that money toward a cabinet. I am looking at Dickeys.

Oh heck yeah the customer service was awful. I ended up writing a blog post about it on my website it was that awful. I need to update it because they even managed to make the delivery of the turner back to me a nightmare.

Someone suggested if it breaks again that I replace it with a metal piece so it can't happen a third time, and that's what I'm going to do.

And my next incubator will be a cabinet too, for sure. I could have bought one for what my Brinsea cost me but didn't think of it at the time.

Meanwhile the turner for my Eco 20 has stopped working in the stupidest, weirdest way and it's out of warranty. Won't be replacing that.

Last edited:
Oh heck yeah the customer service was awful. I ended up writing a blog post about it on my website it was that awful. I need to update it because they even managed to make the delivery of the turner back to me a nightmare.

Someone suggested if it breaks again that I replace it with a metal piece so it can't happen a third time, and that's what I'm going to do.

And my next incubator will be a cabinet too, for sure. I could have bought one for what my Brinsea cost me but didn't think of it at the time.

Meanwhile the turner for my Eco 20 has stopped working in the stupidest, weirdest way and it's out of warranty. Won't be replacing that.
I have thought about replacing the arm with a metal one, or reinforcing the the hole, but then it may burn out the motor if it can't turn for some reason. But at this point it couldn't hurt, I suppose.

I wasn't going to ask, but curiosity got the best of me...
lol.png

[COLOR=000080]I wasn't going to ask, but curiosity got the best of me... [/COLOR]:lol:

Oh lol, yeah that probably needs an explanation. My cat is nearly 17 and has thyroid disease and she gets dehydrated, so once a week I give her 100 ccs of fluids to keep her hydrated and healthy. It's much more pleasant for her if it's warm and near her body temp, and handily enough I happen to have incubators :p So her bag of fluids stays in my incubator to keep it warm. It looks just like an IV bag for humans.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom