Chat Thread for the New Crazy 24 hour Auction

No channellocks, simple pliers like these are perfect...

I even use the plain silver, all metal ones... spur sits in the grooves nicely and you just grip firmly and twist back and forth til it releases... you don't want to clamp down super hard, you could crush the sheath and damage the inner spur if it's too much...
Alright, thanks! Do you de-spur all your roosters? How long do you let them grow before popping them off? I have some younger guys with short, extremely sharp spurs. Can't help but wonder if they've got a whit rock somewhere they're sneaking off and sharpening them on. Lol

Last edited:
Alright, thanks! Do you de-spur all your roosters? How long do you let them grow before popping them off? I have some younger guys with short, extremely sharp spurs. Can't help but wonder if they've got a whit rock somewhere they're sneaking off and sharpening them on. Lol

I only despur a year old or older, once they're getting too long and risk damaging either themselves or their hens...

For super sharp young ones, you can take a flat file and just buff the tip off... a couple swipes should be all you need and won't risk going down too far...

Does anyone have any bearded silkie eggs they are looking to sell? I'm firing up the incubator on 3/8 and there's just not much available locally.

I'm also interested in auto-sexing breeds, or really anything that I can get by Tuesday.

Does anyone have any bearded silkie eggs they are looking to sell? I'm firing up the incubator on 3/8 and there's just not much available locally.

I'm also interested in auto-sexing breeds, or really anything that I can get by Tuesday.

I have some bearded, feather footed, "cochin" type birds. I thought the male was full cochin, till he started throwing beards, but they are so cute, I decided to put him in a pen with his bearded daughters. I assume there is silkie in one of the girls, and some chocolate Orpington in a couple of them. Neat birds, and the chicks are adorable. If you don't find anything else, and want some, just shoot me a pm. Rooster is blue frizzled, girls are black and blue.

Last edited:

I've got Swedish flowers and Bantam English orpingtons

I have EE's, but my silkies just started laying, and they aren't fertile yet. (i've been testing their fertility, and the rooster hasn't figured out how to do his job yet.)

I have Frisian Gulls in lemon and gold, Swedish Flower Hens, and Silver Ameraucana.

I have Olive Eggers. Currently have an auction going for some now, if that's something you'd be interested in.

I have a pen of Blue, Black and Splash bearded Silkies... but my pens turned into a mudslide yesterday, not sure if I can get enough clean eggs to be worthwhile but I can try if you'd like...

Back
Top Bottom