Chat Thread for the New Crazy 24 hour Auction

@wvduckchick Looks like 87% hatch from what developed. One DIS after popping and the other looks turned around. I don't assist cause life on a farm is hard. I still have 2 in the dryer. Looks like there may be 2-3 porcelain? They were marked choc orp so my guess. They are cute chicks! By anyone's standards that's a great hatch from shipped eggs!

yippiechickie.gif
Not bad at all! Thanks for the update!

If they look porcelain, I would guess mauves, although sometimes they look light at hatch and still feather in darker

Mauve hen

chicks I recently hatched

One of the above chicks, a few days later

yesterday

:yiipchick Not bad at all! Thanks for the update If they look porcelain, I would guess mauves, although sometimes they look light at hatch and still feather in darker Mauve hen That's what I meant mauve! I have Guinea's on the brain. chicks I recently hatched One of the above chicks, a few days later yesterday

@GardenWren

@TJChickens

I just got a call - there are two boxes of eggs waiting for me at the Post Office, I will head out to pick them up at lunch! Thank you both!!!
Everything I have shipped west this week has been damaged. I hope you have a better outcome. Anxiously awaiting your results.
he.gif
somad.gif

@GardenWren

@TJChickens

I just got a call - there are two boxes of eggs waiting for me at the Post Office, I will head out to pick them up at lunch!  Thank you both!!!

I hope they made it ok!
Everything I have shipped west this week has been damaged. I hope you have a better outcome. Anxiously awaiting your results.:he  :mad:
I had a clutch of Thai Gamefowl eggs I bought from a breeder in Louisiana that I've used several times before without issue arrive all busted up. I'm getting pretty agitated with the USPS.

Everything I have shipped west this week has been damaged. I hope you have a better outcome. Anxiously awaiting your results.
he.gif
somad.gif
Oh No, I am sorry you had so much trouble. My complaint is that they are now going to a minimum of 3 sorting stations when in the past it was 2.

I hope they made it ok!
I had a clutch of Thai Gamefowl eggs I bought from a breeder in Louisiana that I've used several times before without issue arrive all busted up. I'm getting pretty agitated with the USPS.
They did!! I took pictures and will upload them once I get home. One outer corner was squished but the inside packaging was pristine!!! All eggs are intact. I have found that the less I handle these shipped eggs, the better. So, I will let them sit quietly tonight, through tomorrow. Saturday I will set them.

My first candle will be day 15. I'll keep you posted on how they do!!

@TJChickens - your box looks like you just wrapped the eggs. Not a scuff or a dent anywhere to be seen. I guess 200 miles vs 2000 miles makes all the difference.

Back
Top Bottom