Chattanooga, TN (surrounding areas) CHICKEN LOVERS

I visited Poultry Hollow Farms a couple of years ago and vowed to not go back. I mean I grew up in the country and love getting dirty but the place was awful. Got a few chicks and were happy with them but everything we looked at was so nasty. The brooders had not been cleaned in a while. My wife was trying not to loose the value meal lunch we just ate and my kids just wanted to leave. I have never really heard any complaints about their birds but I suggest just getting them on their truck and not take the trip.

I visited Poultry Hollow Farms a couple of years ago and vowed to not go back. I mean I grew up in the country and love getting dirty but the place was awful. Got a few chicks and were happy with them but everything we looked at was so nasty. The brooders had not been cleaned in a while. My wife was trying not to loose the value meal lunch we just ate and my kids just wanted to leave. I have never really heard any complaints about their birds but I suggest just getting them on their truck and not take the trip.
Unfortunately, that's what I hear from everyone about "Poultry Hollow Farms".
Not to mention the prices are crazy, $4 for a Barred Rock hen seemed a little much to me.

I am looking to buy some "Sebright", "Japanese", or "Dutch" bantams. (chicks or adults)
If you have any for sale then........
PM me,
Reply to this thread,
or text/call 423-987-four-zero-nine-four.
Thanks

Last edited:
I loaned my small bator and a dozen Rhodebar eggs to my sisters school to hatch. They hatched 5 pullets and 5 cockerels, so anyone wanting easily sexed Rhodebar chicks please let me know... I will not be keeping any of this hatch since I just had knee surgery about 10 hrs ago and will not be able to take care of them.

I'm a writer in the Chattanooga area, interested in doing a story on urban chicken farming. I'd like to find some folks currently keeping backyard chickens within city limits. All names/ location/ etc will be kept completely confidential. I'm a huge proponent of urban chickens and think this could be a really interesting/ informative story. My email is [email protected]. I'd love to hear from you. If you have any questions, do not hesitate.

I'm using asking in this thread. I'm a newbie. There is a Georgia thread, but being in Atlanta, makes me 2 hours from Chattanooga. I'm still trying to find a local hatchery that I can drive to for healthy chicks. Not many nearby, like 4 plus hours. Anyone?

if you ask there are several members who sell chicks and hatching eggs on here, just put in the breeds your instrusted in. there is someone selling in summerville in larger numders--they will have an ad on craigs list.

Last edited:
Redridge, I hope you heal quickly from your knee surgery.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom