Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

My three hens are thriving, though mad they're no longer allowed the run of the yard because SOMEONE (Blue Andalusian named Triss) likes to hop the chainlink fence and perch on my neighbor's back porch. Now that Wisconsin winter is over I'm getting two to three eggs a day!
I'm glad winter is over too even though we really didn't have much of a winter. I bet your neighbor was surprised to find a chicken hanging out on his porch.

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
Day Job is still getting in the way of my being a full-time *bucaholic. Still no poultry, work travel schedule (10 on the road, 10 at home) isn't compatible. But some day ...

*bucaholic, from bucolic. Lover of all things 1 : of or relating to shepherds or herdsmen : pastoral 2 a : relating to or typical of rural life b : pleasing or picturesque in natural simplicity : idyllic.

I’m still here but sometimes life gets in the way when we want to do other things!! Currently, I am taking eggs away daily from 2 broody hens!! I am only finding half the number of eggs in the coop than I did before they went broody! Now, to find out where the rest of the girls are laying...
I have a lot of broody Bantam hens. One after another. Sounds like you go on a daily Easter egg hunt. Hopefully you find them all.

My three hens are thriving, though mad they're no longer allowed the run of the yard because SOMEONE (Blue Andalusian named Triss) likes to hop the chainlink fence and perch on my neighbor's back porch. Now that Wisconsin winter is over I'm getting two to three eggs a day!
Nice eggs! ❤

Day Job is still getting in the way of my being a full-time *bucaholic. Still no poultry, work travel schedule (10 on the road, 10 at home) isn't compatible. But some day ...

*bucaholic, from bucolic. Lover of all things 1 : of or relating to shepherds or herdsmen : pastoral 2 a : relating to or typical of rural life b : pleasing or picturesque in natural simplicity : idyllic.
Love that. Buchaholic. Sounds exhausting working so much. Hopefully you can get chickens in the future.

Work gets in the way of everything, doesn't it. 🤣

Yes, I've been busy cleaning up the yard for spring planting. While moving a load of soil from a tarp for a new raised bed, I discovered quite a few night crawlers which I gave to my girls (chickens & a duck). They went into a frenzy chasing each other around. All are doing well and glad for warm weather.
Chickens sure love worms. Love watching them chase each other around trying to steal them.

These were just taken! Our pet goose Gabby says "HAPPY SPRING"!
gabby_cover copy.jpg

gabby3.jpg

gabby8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom