Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Welcome back! That would be fun, I encourage that. I would suggest ensuring that your incubator still works first. ;) Hey, in the meantime, feel free to post any questions you might have in this section here: Incubating & Hatching Eggs
Thank you. :)
I'm pretty sure i have to dust the thing off first. LOL. But the only issue at hand is, that if I do have a successful hatch, what do I do with the chicks? We aren't allowed to keep chickens in my town, nor will my parents allow me to, even if it was allowed in town.

Is this economic program a local one? I'd like to learn more about it.
Kiki, all areas have them, I helped a friend who moved from Florida get assistance with her run down place she bought. Just search Economic Development for your county, city, area and should pull it up. Sometimes your local building division will have their number as well , if you have issues finding it send me a message with your City/state, or county with zip code and Ill try to help find the info you need. there are 2 programs , one is for septic and the other is for home repairs.

Sorry it’s been a long time guys! Sadly I had to re-home all of my chickens and geese. Life got really busy I got a full time job and I was not able to devote all my time to them anymore. I have hopes of one day getting more chickens and waterfowl but that will be sometime in the distant future possibly when I move out of my parents house and start a home of my own. I still love to look at all the ideas and information on here to better help me formulate a plan for when I get back into chicken keeping again.

Sorry it’s been a long time guys! Sadly I had to re-home all of my chickens and geese. Life got really busy I got a full time job and I was not able to devote all my time to them anymore. I have hopes of one day getting more chickens and waterfowl but that will be sometime in the distant future possibly when I move out of my parents house and start a home of my own. I still love to look at all the ideas and information on here to better help me formulate a plan for when I get back into chicken keeping again.
I'm sorry you had to give up your flock. Dreams keep us alive, don't give up on your own.

Still here, but have been super busy with kids and dog and chickens and things... We still have 4 of our original 6 in our flock and they are now 7 years old, still laying and still bring me so much joy. We just found our first case of bumblefoot and that is giving us a run for our money (just posted a thread in the emergency section), but we are doing our best to help her heal and get back to her sisters as soon as possible. This is a picture of Peep getting some much needed sun after being kept in the house while she gets treated. Love my little flock ❤️

Attachments

• PXL_20240508_205641986.jpg
    PXL_20240508_205641986.jpg
    445.7 KB · Views: 1
Hi,

It really has been a while since I spent much time here on BYC. I usually don't think to visit this site when the chickens are doing well (which they are). Family is doing well. My 2-year-old wakes up in the morning with a sleepy request "eat eggs". He enjoys the chickens like we all do.

Back
Top Bottom