Cheryl's Hen House...

Pics
What can I say? Fabulous and beautiful job! May you and the chickies and Cheryl especially enjoy!!! Also your mother!! Too much fun!!!
wee.gif
Done yourself proud!!

Thank you. I've taken a couple of opportunities just to sit with them this afternoon. So fun!!

Outside pics from today. The corbel on the edge of the porch roof will be painted red. I'm building another for the other side of the roof as well.

26270597104_02fd8e1376_c.jpg

26603117070_1cb49d9f5b_c.jpg

26269842784_55d3f88f62_c.jpg

26841062096_4a1673fa1e_c.jpg

26841060386_3f98baf9f1_c.jpg

For some reason, I cant see any of your newly posted pics. Off to watch the video but I suspect I will need to use the normal website as opposed to the mobile like I normally do. I wanna see lol.

You'll need a fairly fine mesh to sift tiny chick poops, I use window screen when they're really little,
but that will sift out some of the larger PDZ granules( you got granules, right, not powder?).
Have Cheryl check this out: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...raphic-gross-poop-pictures/1100#post_13179595
Might give y'all some ideas....is she reading the forums too?

Just keep tapping the nipples until they get it....hopefully one will catch on and teach the rest....removing all other water sources is key.
I've had some get it right off the bat, and others take a week or two...SHM...might have to put down a regular waterer at the very end of the day if you feel they may be dehydrated, then remove it after they've gone to sleep and try again the next day.

Granules yes. Cheryl doesn't post on the forums but she has researched them and the net in general. Seems like ours must be extra healthy poopers.
lau.gif
I think I'll make a 1/4" HC scooper and see how that does.

Contemplating putting the regular waterer in for a while this evening just to be for sure. Pretty warm here today. Mid 80's. Hate for them to be thirsty.

Last edited:
Whoa!!! Going wild, huh? :D

So when does run construction begin?

There are existing red accent pieces on the outside of the shop and house already. Matchy, matchy you know.
lau.gif

Can't I even bask in the after glow of a complete coop for a hour or two before you bring up the run?
th.gif

Quote: Don't waste your time on 1/4"...even with my big birds the basket I use is more like 1/16".
Wouldn't hurt to put the regular waterer in there this evening for an hour,,then back to the nipples early tomorrow.
Quote: Oh, I didn't see any red anywhere else and thought you'd gone off your rocker.
Well, I figured you had the run all planned out already.

Don't waste your time on 1/4"...even with my big birds the basket I use is more like 1/16".
Wouldn't hurt to put the regular waterer in there this evening for an hour,,then back to the nipples early tomorrow.
Oh, I didn't see any red anywhere else and thought you'd gone off your rocker.
Well, I figured you had the run all planned out already.

Off rocker = yes.

Oh I have a run plan. Just have to implement it. On another day.
lau.gif

The first night in the coop is in the books and everyone survived...even Cheryl and I.
lau.gif
Appears that they've mastered the feeders and the HN waterer.

We did find a home for our roos. Appears that 3 out of our 4 Marans are roos.
th.gif
Still not 100% sure on the Blue Laced Red Wyandotte. I'll post some pics later over in the what do I have here section.

Back
Top Bottom