Cheryl's Hen House...

Pics
Haven't made much headway this week except for ordering more goodies. Got my Add a Motor and timer for the pop door, the floats and the horizontal nipples for the 5 gallon bucket waterers. I'm back to work tomorrow after real work. Hopefully finishing the trim, the ventilation and the lower skirting on the walls on the outside and getting at least a good start on then inside this weekend. I had so hoped that I could be ready for Cheryl to get her chickens by her birthday on April 12th but it doesn't look like I'm going to make it.
th.gif

26299415955_2257aab653_c.jpg

So jealous of he automatic door motor! Let us know how you like it! I'm saving to get one before our winter season hits. But for the rest of the sprng and this summer, I won't mind getting up early and going out.

So jealous of he automatic door motor! Let us know how you like it! I'm saving to get one before our winter season hits. But for the rest of the sprng and this summer, I won't mind getting up early and going out.

I'm sure she will be out there every day regardless.
smile.png
She's super excited about the chickens. Cheryl's normal get up time is 4:15 every day so she'll be awake before the chickens. We do have quite a few nights that we are late getting home and several weekends that we are racing so the auto door is more meant for those type occasions. I'll get some pictures of the installation and report on how it works.

I'm sure she will be out there every day regardless. :)  She's super excited about the chickens. Cheryl's normal get up time is 4:15 every day so she'll be awake before the chickens. We do have quite a few nights that we are late getting home and several weekends that we are racing so the auto door is more meant for those type occasions. I'll get some pictures of the installation and report on how it works.

I have two young children so my mornings are already frantic enough as is. Haha, I just stumble through the morning routine like a zombie. I just severely dislike being cold so it will likely be a necessity in the winter mornings.

Also, happy early birthday to your wife!!!

I have two young children so my mornings are already frantic enough as is. Haha, I just stumble through the morning routine like a zombie. I just severely dislike being cold so it will likely be a necessity in the winter mornings.

Also, happy early birthday to your wife!!!

Thanks. Cheryl is the quintessential morning person so she love to be up and going super early. Most mornings she is way too happy about it too.
lau.gif

Well, it's still an awesome birthday present even if it's not ON the exact day.

Thanks. And yes, being a few days late won't matter a bit to her. She is truly the most incredible person I have ever known. She has such a servant's heart and always puts everyone else's wants and needs before her own. It's fun to see her so excited about some chickens.

Ok, after all of my, "No chicks until the coop it completely done" banter I'm caving in and letting her get the chicks.
hugs.gif

I've told her to call the hatchery and see what they have available.
th.gif

The good thing about getting the chicks before the coop is ready is that they will be keep in a smaller "container" and by this fact they will become more "acquainted" with you and Cheryl and thus be more friendly.

Back
Top Bottom