Cheryl's Hen House...

Pics
It does kinda look like a 'fire pit'.
Do they dust bathe in there?
I've never had much luck 'designating' where they will dust bathe.

They actually do. I've had to replenish it a couple of times already from them from them flinging it out. They dig their own spots sometimes as well.

Last edited:
Little tweak to the winter curtains today. I needed something to help stabilize the center of the curtains to keep them from being blown around so much. Whatever that was going to be also needed to be easily removable to maintain the easy up and easy down nature of the curtains. I found some plastic clips that are designed for conduit to just snap in and out. Super easy install. Each one has a nail to attach them. 3 more pieces of conduit and a few minutes cutting it and installing the clips netted a pretty cool fix for the blowing curtains.

The clips...

And the conduit installed in the clips.

Nice! Hope it tames things for you.
I'd have used a screw tho ;-)

Was wondering if you'd have flapping.....was thinking maybe rotate the bottoms to tighten the whole sheet, then reclamp tight enough to hold?

Nice! Hope it tames things for you.
I'd have used a screw tho ;-)

Was wondering if you'd have flapping.....was thinking maybe rotate the bottoms to tighten the whole sheet, then reclamp tight enough to hold?

Thought about replacing the nail the screw but hey, I figured I use them as is and see what happens. I will snug up the poly and re-clamp. Overall I'm pretty pleased. Stiff north breeze here today. Amazing how much nicer the run is with the north side covered.

You probably will not have this problem, but just so you know, they break easier than you think .....I used similar clamps for plastic water pipe in the house... the 8 lb cat would walk on them and after 3 or so yrs they broke at the bottom of the curve... replaced w/metal plumber strap and 20+ yrs still holding w/a 15 lb cat.. doesn't look as nice though.

Little tweak to the winter curtains today. I needed something to help stabilize the center of the curtains to keep them from being blown around so much. Whatever that was going to be also needed to be easily removable to maintain the easy up and easy down nature of the curtains. I found some plastic clips that are designed for conduit to just snap in and out. Super easy install. Each one has a nail to attach them. 3 more pieces of conduit and a few minutes cutting it and installing the clips netted a pretty cool fix for the blowing curtains.

The clips...

And the conduit installed in the clips.

This is great. I always love the things I learn from the way you do your projects. Removeable plastic curtains, clamps that metal conduit can snap in and out of, I'll bet these can come in handy for a lot of people. It's all looking very nice, Terry.

This is great. I always love the things I learn from the way you do your projects. Removeable plastic curtains, clamps that metal conduit can snap in and out of, I'll bet these can come in handy for a lot of people. It's all looking very nice, Terry.

Thank you Finnie!! I do hope that something I post will be helpful to others.

Looks like the winter test is about to begin. Couple of nights in the teens or below and days with highs below freezing are on the way. The girls don't look worried. :)

Very impressive. Awesome coop. Well done ,sir.

bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif

Back
Top Bottom