Chick Dragging her leg? Updates of Negu. *New Update (7/6) Pg 5. Pictures added!*

The chick (Negu) Is doing great. She hops around on one leg. We have tried fixing it with a sling around one leg but it fell off a couple days later and we have yet to make a new one. But overall she is doing good. Eating, and Drinking great. She is still seperated from the others because they still peck at her. Today she got some hard boiled egg and boy did she love it!
New Pictures taken yesterday:

Aw, sweet baby! So do you plan to keep her separate into adulthood, or reintroduce her?

I'm curious because I am new chicks and want to kow ho to handle it. She sure is a cutie. Glad to see she is doing so well! :)

good for you for trying.i know its hard to see them like that and not want to try and help them.

with some of my own personal experience tho,i agree with speckledhen.the ones i had ate and drank fine and grew.that was the problem.they got too heavy for one leg support.they ended up having joint problems in the other leg.it is much harder to lose them after months of trying.she/he really needs to be able to put support on both legs,wether with a split of some sort or just by getting better.
is she trying to use it at all?

you said it was a bantam so maybe it will be easier for it to manage with one leg.

good luck with it and keep us posted.

Aw, sweet baby! So do you plan to keep her separate into adulthood, or reintroduce her?
I'm curious because I am new chicks and want to kow ho to handle it. She sure is a cutie. Glad to see she is doing so well!
smile.png
I will try reintroducing her to the flock once she is older. I don't expect her to be at the top of the pecking order, but hopefully they won't pick on her too much. If they do pick on her then I will seperate her as an adult and maybe get her another bantam companion. We will see how it goes. When the other chicks her age go outside for playtime, Negu comes along too.
lol.png

good for you for trying.i know its hard to see them like that and not want to try and help them.
with some of my own personal experience tho,i agree with speckledhen.the ones i had ate and drank fine and grew.that was the problem.they got too heavy for one leg support.they ended up having joint problems in the other leg.it is much harder to lose them after months of trying.she/he really needs to be able to put support on both legs,wether with a split of some sort or just by getting better.
is she trying to use it at all?
you said it was a bantam so maybe it will be easier for it to manage with one leg.
good luck with it and keep us posted.

I can see how that would happen. Hopefully with my girl being a bantam she has some what of an advantage. She is not trying to use it at all. I can still bend it, though. She is a pretty mobile little thing.
I will most definitaly keep you all posted.
smile.png

Last edited:
she looks as though she has a broken leg. what i would do is take her and get it as strait under her as postible then splint it and rap it. keep her drinking and warm and seperate her from the other chicks. best of luck

she looks as though she has a broken leg. what i would do is take her and get it as strait under her as postible then splint it and rap it. keep her drinking and warm and seperate her from the other chicks. best of luck

Thanks for the tip. It is much appriciated.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom