Chick Piping downwards ?

Woo1978

In the Brooder
Jun 10, 2019
Hello,im a first time Hatcher and 2 of my Wheaton Marans started to pip last night on day 20, my question is are they piping ok as very downwards,will they have more work to do getting out ?
As im sure i saw this on another post saying its harder for them to hatch ?

Attachments

• 20190611_110953.jpg
    20190611_110953.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 12
I've never had issues with chicks that pip on the bottom. Once you have a hatched chick in the incubator they will kick the other eggs all over the place with pips in every direction after they play egg soccer and they still seem to hatch perfectly fine.

Hi again
Im getting a bit concerned about this chick,it has broken through the membrane and shell but not unzipping and its been 31 hours now since pip.
It is chirping, can it take this long ?

Hi again
Im getting a bit concerned about this chick,it has broken through the membrane and shell but not unzipping and its been 31 hours now since pip.
It is chirping, can it take this long ?

This is a good guide and well worth reading ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/guide-to-assisted-hatching-for-all-poultry.72886/

ETA ~ Malpositioned chick’s can take longer as they miss their internal pip out all together and proceed straight to the external pip so they do need longer to absorb blood vessels & yolk before they hatch.

1 of the 2 has hatched at 11 am today but not fluffing up, wbat can i do,as the other one that pipped at same time as first one has still not unzipped ?

1 of the 2 has hatched at 11 am today but not fluffing up, wbat can i do,as the other one that pipped at same time as first one has still not unzipped ?

Your humidity may be a bit high if they're taking longer to fluff up but the chicks will be fine for a couple of days if necessary because they can live off of the yolk sac that they absorbed before hatching.

Back
Top Bottom