Chicken Breed Focus - Ayam Cemani

Pics
Quote: Sounds good to me
smile.png
I'll be in touch

Wow, those are beautiful hens... where can you buy chicks?

Greenfire Farms sells them for $200 each, or you can see if you can find a breeder that ships chicks. That's if you're in the US - if not, I'm not sure; they're not even in some countries.

Hi all, I'm new here and wanted to show some of my Ayam Cemani. Let me know what you think.

I bred allot and culled hard and kept only the best of the best and repeated. That's what I have been doing and I'm getting some great results with this strategy.
I also am offering some of my Cemani eggs and chicks for sale here.
Please let me know your thoughts.
Thank you

Hi all, I'm new here and wanted to show some of my Ayam Cemani. Let me know what you think.

I bred allot and culled hard and kept only the best of the best and repeated. That's what I have been doing and I'm getting some great results with this strategy.
I also am offering some of my Cemani eggs and chicks for sale here.
Please let me know your thoughts.
Thank you
they look AMAZING!!!!
big_smile.png
i love the little chick picture!
love.gif

Hi all, I'm new here and wanted to show some of my Ayam Cemani. Let me know what you think. I bred allot and culled hard and kept only the best of the best and repeated. That's what I have been doing and I'm getting some great results with this strategy. I also am offering some of my Cemani eggs and chicks for sale here. Please let me know your thoughts. Thank you
I love the little black box!!!!! I waiting for eggs to come so I can get them in the incubator!!!

Thank you guys! :)

I have been working with Ayam Cemani since GreenFire started selling them in 2014. I bought 2 different batches from them. First batch they sent me was horrible quality with red combed roosters and white ear lobes and white skin when the young adults grew up. The second bath they sent me was allot better quality. Very dark everything except for their mouths which were pink/white inner mouth and tongue with only a bit of grey patches in mouth. I then bought chicks from Feather Lover Farms and received some excellent quality chicks from them Spring last year. They are who I got my dark black mouths and tongues from. I know that their birds are mostly Greenfire Farms line but they are the ones who sent me the better quality birds with the black inner mouths and tongues. I have been breeding and culling very hard and not selling any until I created a flock that mostly hatches perfect little chicks every time with solid black toes and black inner mouths.

Thank you again for the compliments. :) The black box of chicks is my GQF 1502 Sportsman Incubators Hatching Tray. I consistently get extremely high hatch rates. Sometimes oddly almost 100% hatches. I know there was only a few imports into the US and most of Cemani will become inbred after a while. Eventually there will need to be a new import of fresh blood and quality for us the breed to before quality and fertility go down.

Please see my photos of my flock. Hatching chicks weekly if anyone's interested. Would love to help spread out quality Ayam Cemani to help give fellow breeders the opportunity to preserve and improve Ayam Cemani qualities in the US. If you are interested in helping preserving this breed and would like to add more to your flock or get a good start on this breed, please Message me.

You guys all are doing a great job and have some great looking Cemani. Keep up the good work!

Cali Farms

It depends. There are unfortunately unscrupulous people who will sell you what they say are purebred ayam cemani eggs that are mixed breeds or not cemanis at all. Those you'd probably find up for sale at a price that seems too good to be true, because it is. I sell mine for $25 an egg and another breeder on here was selling hers for $35 an egg, so somewhere in that range would be about normal to pay. Chicks sell for $200 from Greenfire Farms if you want to go that route.
They lay a cream to tan colored egg:

Green eggs in that picture are CCL eggs, not cemani eggs. I would think they would live as long as any other chickens, really. My oldest are three years old, I believe, and still doing fine.

About greenfire farms how did you get ahold of them and are their chicks really cemanis? I emailed them but got no response. I went to cemani farms and emailed them and they quickly responded

Back
Top Bottom