Chicken Breed Focus - Ayam Cemani

Pics
WOW.... I just saw some pictures..... from Ayam Cemani from Green Firefarm..... Phufff sorry to tell.... those are not good.....

Well.. I have some good news also... When the person is ready..... I will let you know
MY Ayam Cemani Eggs just Arrived yesterday in the USA ..... LOL they will go soon in the Incubator.
I did use the Sucure Egg Box ;-) All eggs were perfect

To be continued !!!

WOW.... I just saw some pictures..... from Ayam Cemani from Green Firefarm..... Phufff sorry to tell.... those are not good.....

Well.. I have some good news also... When the person is ready..... I will let you know

MY Ayam Cemani Eggs just Arrived yesterday in the USA ..... LOL they will go soon in the Incubator.

I did use the Sucure Egg Box ;-) All eggs were perfect

To be continued !!!

Good luck!!!!

They are very easy to keep and have. We have several and have both hatched them and also just had one of our hens brood and hatch 6 on her own.
We had heard that they are not brooders, but ours prove that wrong if so.

We will be hatching many upcoming and happy to sell them to interested people for reasonable price.. We are in San Antonio, TX and ours are all Greenfire bloodlines. Completely black.

Does anyone breed from a very dark rooster that has leakage? And how much leakage would you breed from? I have heard from a few people that leakage is easy to breed out--can anyone tell me why? I think the leakage is from a gene not part of the fm duplication?

What about the "opals"--dark birds with lots of silver leakage--are they ever breeding worthy if you want all black birds?

Thanks

Does anyone breed from a very dark rooster that has leakage?  And how much leakage would you breed from?  I have heard from a few people that leakage is easy to breed out--can anyone tell me why?  I think the leakage is from a gene not part of the fm duplication?  

What about the "opals"--dark birds with lots of silver leakage--are they ever breeding worthy if you want all black birds?  

Thanks

I avoid leakage entirely. I don't think it's all that easy to breed out. It can pop back up down the line even if it looks like it's gone. None of my birds have leakage and my rooster was throwing some sons occasionally with leakage. I can only assume at some point in his past someone bred a bird with leakage into his lineage and even though he didn't have it, his sons were getting it. I don't breed from that rooster any longer. Either that or it was one of my hens that was throwing it.

Just bought 12 from Funny Chicken Farms in California. Cant wait!

Congrats!

I was under the impression that with this breed being a landrace and that the fm is a duplication event mutation, that it is reasonably complicated to get a perfect bird (outside of Indonesia anyway). I need to do more research, but can the leakage be the lack of other modifiers? I think I read that the all black is a combo of the FM mutation (and how many copies each bird got) plus extended black, gypsy face etc.

It stinks to have a very dark skinned and mouthed bird and lots of leakage at the same time. Beautiful birds, but obviously not what we want.

Back
Top Bottom