Chicken Breed Focus - Showgirl

You're giving your age away
wink.png

I won't give it all away but you can have 3/4 if you like. I'd like to be young again/

show girls look weird but the weirder it is the more cool looking they be both of the breed make exelent mothers so this breed is very good at broody I would like to cross a silkie with a naked neck and get showgirls

I love showgirls, they are just really funky looking.

I keep them for fun and smiles.

They can see a lot better than my silkies so they always get the most of the treats I give them

I also gave them a baby garter snake I found, one of my blues sucked it down like it was a piece of spaghetti

Last edited:
I love my Showgirls.... so glad to see that others love this little creatures, that only a "chicken momma" can love. And I'm actually hatching some as I write. I'm excited to see the new little ones!!!

I have a white showgirl rooster and had two white showgirl chicks and a variety of silkie hens. I had no idea my rooster bred with my silkie - I thought her eggs were fertilized by my silkie rooster. But underneath her (she's partridge) were three showgirl babies. Two were mostly white with black spots and one was this gorgeous baby (partridge?). I am so used to seeing showgirls as white, it shocked me! It never occurred to me they could come in other colors. I think I am going to be addicted to breeding these cuties!!!

Back
Top Bottom