Chicken breeders or Folks in South Africa?

Pics
Hello. How are you all doing? I wanted to know if anyone on this thread knows of anyone who breeds Light Sussex chickens in Cape Town, or just have them? I'm looking for chicks or fertilised eggs, or even mature Light Sussex? I can have eggs sent from Jo'burg at R30 per egg, plus R100 packaging cost, plus whatever Time Freight charges to courier them here, but if anyone knows where I can source some from Cape Town that would be great...

Hi I'm also lokking for breeders its just to exspensive to get them here from joburg
sad.png

Okay, I'll let you know when I find someone. I may order some eggs from Jo'burg to hatch in my incubator, but I first want to test the new incubator I am building as I'm not prepared to spend R30 per egg, plus packaging and courier costs only to have another disastrous hatch like last time...

Hi everyone! Nice to find a little South African corner here :) I am in the Table View area of Cape Town.

I'm hoping someone can help me find a home for my little roo Mr. Pepper (as a pet, not dinner). He is a mix of some sort. All I know is that his mom was a cochin cross.

He was raised by my hen after she refused to give up being broody for 3 months and I finally gave in and got her an egg. Pepper is super loving and can easily be picked up and pet. He is 8 weeks old now (picture is from a week ago). Oh yes he has a skew beak... I tell him it gives him character :)

Naughty bugger on my bed with out giganto-kitty Cinder.

Cuddle bug.

Last edited:
Hi everyone! Nice to find a little South African corner here :) I am in the Table View area of Cape Town.

I'm hoping someone can help me find a home for my little roo Mr. Pepper (as a pet, not dinner). He is a mix of some sort. All I know is that his mom was a cochin cross.

He was raised by my hen after she refused to give up being broody for 3 months and I finally gave in and got her an egg. Pepper is super loving and can easily be picked up and pet. He is 8 weeks old now (picture is from a week ago). Oh yes he has a skew beak... I tell him it gives him character :)

Naughty bugger on my bed with out giganto-kitty Cinder.

Cuddle bug.
Hi Viia. Welcome to the thread
smile.png
Mr. Pepper is absolutely gorgeous! I live on a farm in Philadelphia/Atlantis area not too far from Table View. I could take him in. I have free-ranging Silkies, Orpingtons and some mixed layers with secure coops and out and about scratching for food only when I am home. You are welcome to come and see the chickens and their living arrangements if you want to, or I can send you pics
Esti

Back
Top Bottom