Chicken breeders or Folks in South Africa?

Pics
I'm not quite in South Africa, but is Kenya close enough? I have a question about Mongoose proofing my chicken coop and thought maybe one of you could help me as you also have the little critters down there. Can I use chicken wire or will the mongooses just got through it?

Okay a brief look around, here is a number that should help you. The Western Cape Poultry club would be the best place to start, they can put you in touch with breeders of various species, hopefully some closer to your area.

The guys here say there is a huge poultry show (SASPO)coming up soon in Cape Town 25 – 29 June at Klein Plasie, Worcester. They have a huge diversity of birds being shown there, a lot of breeders are heading down and there should be a lot of birds there for you to pick up. Naomi (i think) at the Western Cape Poultry Club will be able to help you out. I added the details below.

Western Cape Poultry Club [email protected] / 082 468 8826

Hope that helps you out. The shows are a fantastic place to meet breeders and pick up some good stock. I have no clue if that is close enough for you to make it though?

Thank you very much I'll check the shop out the production and the pure ones lay the same amount of eggs so for me it does'nt really matter.I am trying to breed the perfect free range egg laying chicken
smile.png
you will have to add some plymouth rock then. They are great layers, very active, very healthy and good natured. They lay more then leg horns too. Also nice if you also want darker eggs.

Well, we will find out soon. I didn't know that you'reNOT suppose to put smooth feathers to frizzle, and I have several chicks, so we will see.
I read on another thread that if you breed a Pekin rooster that has two stains of frizzle to smooth feathered hens that all the chicks will be frizzle, so I will get to test that too.  

hey Michelle. You are meant to put put smooth to frizzle. You are not meant to put frizzle to frizzle.
Hope that helps. Andy

Back
Top Bottom