Chicken breeders or Folks in South Africa?

Pics
Hi everyone! Just wanted to share :) My Potch Koekoek hen's just started laying eggs (pullets for now) yesterday! I feel so proud and excited. Feels like I have been waiting forever!

I feel you @Smartiescrafts , took for ever for mine to start laying too , but now we getting around 50 eggs a day and some haven't started laying yet so they are making up for it lol

Oh thats great whoop whoop!! i know they are GORGEOUS!!! They will go nicely with yours as well! PLease send pics! Where are you getting them from? are they babies or grown ups? Will you quarantine them?

@hedz82 gettiing them from same place as before, the breeder has given up apparantely and selling off - they are young not fully grown. Was just going to make a separate run until Henry gets used to them - do I have to quarantine them??? help not sure what to do now...

Better to keep them apart for at least 2 weeks to make sure there is no nasties hiding. I follow the advice of a well known breeder and deworm and delice and de- a few other things before they go to my flock. There after you should let them see each other but no contact to make sure there is not too much of a crises problem between them. I suggest that you let them be together the first time under supervision about an hour before sunset. But then I am always worried about my chickens

Hey, yes, people recommend a month quarantine to make sure you don't introduce any illness to your flock.

@hedz82 pic of babies

Oh dear had to move them frrom separate run which was too small, so they spent the night in my spare room lol Husband doesn't want them and refuses to make new run and coop for me - too expensive.

The worst thing of all Zenky went for the Roo which is so unlike him maybe because he is new I don't know anyway didn't get him, but I get the feeling all round I am not allowed to have these guys...

They are so beautiful and the hen is absolutely so sweet, the Roo is something else though.

Well will let you know if I can persuade H to come round, doubt it though he is very cross with me
smile.png

Better to keep them apart for at least 2 weeks to make sure there is no nasties hiding. I follow the advice of a well known breeder and deworm and delice and de- a few other things before they go to my flock. There after you should let them see each other but no contact to make sure there is not too much of a crises problem between them. I suggest that you let them be together the first time under supervision about an hour before sunset. But then I am always worried about my chickens
Very good advice thanks, unfortunately Contessa got out but don't think she associated much - anyway husband won't let me keep them too much $$$ to make new coop and run.. so sad but going to make a plan tomorrow my gardener comes so maybe we can do something without (H) having to fork out.lol

Back
Top Bottom