Chicken breeders or Folks in South Africa?

Pics
Cracked. .. I wonder if they don't lay so often because of their lifestyle? True free range (wild) with many predators (including cars) so must live life in the high stress lane. Wonder if they are looked after and fed properly they may not be as sporadic. Worth trying out I suppose.
1f609.png

Sorry , I don't seem to be having luck with uploading pics from my phone , my visitor had wings, legs, and no feathers,it was a good old free tailed bat, just put him in a hole in a tree, candled all the eggs in the incubator and only 10 out of the 120 eggs were either not fertile(7 out of the 10) or they had died

Sorry , I don't seem to be having luck with uploading pics from my phone , my visitor had wings, legs, and no feathers,it was a good old free tailed bat, just put him in a hole in a tree, candled all the eggs in the incubator and only 10 out of the 120 eggs were either not fertile(7 out of the 10) or they had died
Bats are amazing creatures too. Im friends with the bat conservation group. I have those and a couple fruit bats. the fruit bat is a funny old creature. makes a high pitched whoo whoop sound. then when he finds a girlfriend its gets quicker and higher pitched. Sounds like rusty bed springs. Rather embarassing. hahahaha

Well done on so many viable eggies!!!!

We have fruit bats too, masses in the Summer, they are cute and quite furry. Maybe I was a bat in past life lol

x2 congrats on eggsies, must have taken you the whole night..

@Colin Fow OH I am jealous again, bats are the cutest things on the planet, especially fruit bats!! We dont get fruit bats here in Cape Town, just the teeny tiny little guys that start swishing around at sunset making the cool clicky sonar noises. Nice one for saving him!

@whoop whoop hahaha, I am sorry but I had to laugh! They can be very stealthy when they know they're doing something they're not supposed to! Sorry about your nice dinner though!
Just by the way, talking about the Orijen and Acana foods with the high protein..I also thought I'd be really treating my woofs well with feeding that, but my best friend is a vet and she said immediately its a bad idea, they're not supposed to have THAT much protein. Think about it, they are actually more scavengers than predators after 10 000 years of living off human rubbish. She said since this whole "high protein" hype started, she has had the most ridiculous flood of dogs with kidney problems/failure. She says its really bad for them. And she really is a great vet, always goes to conferences, reads research papers and educates herself further and has decades of experience. I really trust her opinion. She feeds her dogs Royal Canin, but she says Hills and Eukanuba are just as great. Personally, I feed my woofs Eukanuba Dermatosis now, its also quite expensive (nothing like the Orijen though..) AND: IT HAS NO CHICKEN IN IT!! As I DO NOT want to support the broiler industry in any shape or form that is quite important to me. Its also great for the skin, and my scruffy one has a bit of pink itchyness going on sometimes, that's how I justify buying it!

@whoop whoop hahaha, I am sorry but I had to laugh! They can be very stealthy when they know they're doing something they're not supposed to! Sorry about your nice dinner though!
Just by the way, talking about the Orijen and Acana foods with the high protein..I also thought I'd be really treating my woofs well with feeding that, but my best friend is a vet and she said immediately its a bad idea, they're not supposed to have THAT much protein. Think about it, they are actually more scavengers than predators after 10 000 years of living off human rubbish. She said since this whole "high protein" hype started, she has had the most ridiculous flood of dogs with kidney problems/failure. She says its really bad for them. And she really is a great vet, always goes to conferences, reads research papers and educates herself further and has decades of experience. I really trust her opinion. She feeds her dogs Royal Canin, but she says Hills and Eukanuba are just as great. Personally, I feed my woofs Eukanuba Dermatosis now, its also quite expensive (nothing like the Orijen though..) AND: IT HAS NO CHICKEN IN IT!! As I DO NOT want to support the broiler industry in any shape or form that is quite important to me. Its also great for the skin, and my scruffy one has a bit of pink itchyness going on sometimes, that's how I justify buying it!
Oh OH, well now that's interesting - I wonder if that if why Zenks has a rather bad wind problem, of nuclear strength!!!!
idunno.gif
- I shall change immediately. It is so expensive anyway. I have had probelms with Royal Canin and the odd batch and also the cat food but my moggies love it., but have always used that before. I shall go back to it. Was using the Duck and Barlett pear Arcana, because of the high glucosamine but will go back to the RC joint one. Thank you - always good to know these things - was also giving the cats the Royal Prarie but they are not so keen rather would eat my dinner as well. Surprised I ever get to eat at all.... Have you smelt the fish Orijen, I had to take it back as the dogs just hated it and my car stank for weeks after...one wonders what on earth they put in the food. totally with you on the broiler industry...never eat chicken if I can help it..

Have a great day...

Hi everyone , hope you are doing well, I must just tell you guys i went to my neighbours farm over the weekend, he had a cross koekoek and black austrolorp, omg what a stunning looking chicken, had the barred colour of the koekoek but it was very dark and with that green shimmer of the austrolorp, WOW, I am in love I tell you lol gonna make some for myself.

Hi everyone , hope you are doing well, I must just tell you guys i went to my neighbours farm over the weekend, he had a cross koekoek and black austrolorp, omg what a stunning looking chicken, had the barred colour of the koekoek but it was very dark and with that green shimmer of the austrolorp, WOW, I am in love I tell you lol gonna make some for myself.
Where are the photos Colin??
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom