Chicken breeders or Folks in South Africa?

Pics
Oh wow. Certainly interesting things to consider and do. My dad just so happens to be in the UK for a visit with the family. Wonder if he can find the deworming stuff there. Makes an interesting request for a present. "Hi dad please bring me back some Chicken dewormer. " hahaha

This is what I have been busy with. Nearly done. Just have the roost to sort out and basics (water and feeder and nest material) left to do. Also debating covering the whole "roof area" with shade cloth.

@Macksy wow that looks lovely! where did you get that cool ninja hen sign? Just keep in mind that mongoose and things can chew through chicken wire.. it would probably be a good idea to put a mongoose-proof sleeping box inside.. just a suggestion..

Hee hee I made the sign. It's my business (signage/printing tshirts etc). Have vinyl cutter so had to make it. Wait until I have decorated it fully.
We haven't got mongoose here that ive ever noticed but we do have monkeys and they have been all over it sussing it out. This cook is my cheap temporary one to see how things go. I have a proper nice wooden one in the plans for when my dad gets back (and when hubby is sold on the idea of having chooks. Right now he's humoring me)
1f609.png

We've had some serious rain here recently, not the best weather for chickens
hit.gif

Thinking of getting a pair of ducks
yesss.gif
recently? its only over night! ok so it did overflow on the rain gage but its not like it has happened often. Our gardens need it... mainly so that the weeds can start growing so the ladies have some munchies available.
ya.gif

I have been wondering if we should overtake the derelect buildings in town and turf the prossies and druggies out and start an "indoor" chicken coop. Could you IMAGINE how much fun that would be?
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom