Chicken breeders or Folks in South Africa?

Pics
Just picked up my injector for the chicks day old vaccinations , sure @whoop whoop is gonna cover her eyes up lol, rain is always good, nothing better then that fresh earthy smell, better then coffee in the morning.

recently? its only over night! ok so it did overflow on the rain gage but its not like it has happened often. Our gardens need it... mainly so that the weeds can start growing so the ladies have some munchies available.
ya.gif

I have been wondering if we should overtake the derelect buildings in town and turf the prossies and druggies out and start an "indoor" chicken coop. Could you IMAGINE how much fun that would be?
gig.gif
What a good idea Macksy just you will need 24hr armed guard, its amazing how chooks go missing at dinner time
smile.png

Just picked up my injector for the chicks day old vaccinations , sure @whoop whoop is gonna cover her eyes up lol, rain is always good, nothing better then that fresh earthy smell, better then coffee in the morning.
OMG are you serious, no no NOOOO couldn't in a million years -
hide.gif
what vac is it? I am begnning to wonder whether mine are vaccinated at all just putting it in the water.

@Macksy just ask you dad to go into any vet they will have the proper de worm stuff - but I am sure if Carin says vermox is good enough then so be it, but still think I will get some when I go over.

Last night was woken up by a 'child' screaming 'mum mum' so again 'leapt' out of bed and went to see. It was my little Birman he had caught him self in wire and was hanging upside down out side the window trying to get in, the wire had hooked on to the window. It was awful he was twisted and looked like his leg was broken. Anyway after being scratched to hell and gone I managed to get him free, dosed him with Petcam and put him in bed next to me and watched him all night. Finally dropped off at 5.00 this am and woke at 6.00 he had gone. So can't be too bad but wish he would come back so I can check.

Honestly the way we get attached to our animals is riduculous..
smile.png

Anyway good luck Colin rather you than me lol

OMG are you serious, no no NOOOO couldn't in a million years -
hide.gif
what vac is it? I am begnning to wonder whether mine are vaccinated at all just putting it in the water.

@Macksy just ask you dad to go into any vet they will have the proper de worm stuff - but I am sure if Carin says vermox is good enough then so be it, but still think I will get some when I go over.

Last night was woken up by a 'child' screaming 'mum mum' so again 'leapt' out of bed and went to see. It was my little Birman he had caught him self in wire and was hanging upside down out side the window trying to get in, the wire had hooked on to the window. It was awful he was twisted and looked like his leg was broken. Anyway after being scratched to hell and gone I managed to get him free, dosed him with Petcam and put him in bed next to me and watched him all night. Finally dropped off at 5.00 this am and woke at 6.00 he had gone. So can't be too bad but wish he would come back so I can check.

Honestly the way we get attached to our animals is riduculous..
smile.png

Anyway good luck Colin rather you than me lol

wow what an eventful night lol, yes yours are vaccinated by putting it in the water, the injection is for mareks disease, some people do it and some people don't, but I figured if i'm going to offer good service then I should rather take no short cuts and it is recommended to be done. I also want to be able to offer a vaccination certificate when I start selling in larger quantities and types of birds, would only be good practice I say, had a guy who was supplying me with koekoeks have a break out of mareks and it killed all of the chicks he had, not nice.

What a good idea Macksy just you will need 24hr armed guard, its amazing how chooks go missing at dinner time:)

Ah yes well you see that wouldn't be a problem. Seeing as I have all saps, metro, and security companies on speed dial. Perks of running the town community policing forum.
1f602.png

@Colin Fow Ah Mareks - nasty business that, my vet said it wasn't necessary as I am very small chook keeper and its an expensive vac he doesn't carry it. Good for you being so responsible I bet your birds wil be stunning especially as you are going into breeding specialities, well you know what I mean..(your fancy Australope, can't wait to see a pic)

Hope I am still on the list for a turkey lol was thinking of getting some turkey eggs in Uk and sneaking them thru, permit takes 30 days but we all know that could be 30 anything with this Gov...just got to find a way thru the Xray machine... but don't want to get caught - don't fancy jail time much - have managed to sneak lotsa stuff back from my trips but knowing my luck will get caught this time. And ZA's get turned over so much by the customs at Heathrow, we are all terriorists... I have a plate in my head and the **** thing goes off everytimeI go thru - so have had some one to one with the customs there. Horrible...

Back
Top Bottom