Chicken breeders or Folks in South Africa?

This is Rooi-Jan, with the 2 chicks he adopted.

They are very curious, comes running to me every time they see me. When I just drove in with the car, these 2 were greeting me as I opened the door, instead of the 2 dogs lol.

HAHAHAHA oh man that is so cute! Am i the only one thinking Rooi Jan look like a drag queen (and I dont mean that in a horrible way) as he stands there as if to say "daaaahling THIS is my good side".
gig.gif

He is beautiful though
love.gif

HAHAHAHA oh man that is so cute!  Am i the only one thinking Rooi Jan look like a drag queen (and I dont mean that in a horrible way) as he stands there as if to say "daaaahling THIS is my good side". :gig

He is beautiful though :love

Lol. If only you knew how many pictures I had to take to get 'that side'! He's eye on this side has this brown spot in it, which I find very fascinating. But he does kinda look at you with this I-am-worthier-than-thou, snobbish attitude lol.

I caught my cat carrying off my goslings, luckily she was only interested in playing with them.  Hope they remember this day when they get big lol revenge is a dish severed cold.

Lol. The first time we got chicks, my cat was still young and full of energy. He heard the squeaking sounds and came leopard crawling past my legs as I was looking at them. I caught him before he got to them and gave him a hiding. A little later that day, he tried again. I caught him again and he got another hiding. After that... He stays away from them lol. He still catches mice and rats and other birds, but he walks circles around the chicks and chickens. :p
(Just wish my dogs learned that easy!)

Last edited:
Just popping in to say HIIIII. spring has certainly sprung and the weather is glorious. Hope everyone has a lovely weekend with their favourites.
My girls still holding out on their egg bearing.... but we will get there one day.
1f602.png
I hope lol

So happy to have found this forum! I'm from Cradock, Eastern Cape. I have White Australorps, Partridge Brahma and breed indigenous chickens. would like to exchange some fertile eggs.

Back
Top Bottom