Chicken breeders or Folks in South Africa?

Hello everyone
frow.gif
I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get Niacin supplements for my ducklings? Three of them are having leg problems and I have no clue where I can find the right supplement for ducks. How much of the supplement to use with water etc. Can you find Niacin in other foods which the ducklings can eat? Help would be greatly appreciated
love.gif

Hi

I actually found Vital Brewers yeast at SPAR yesterday best Niacin supplement its about R60 here but its because they are robbing is blind, mix about a teaspoon in their drinking water. My water bowl for them is a 1.5L ice cream tub, they can get very messy.

I have goslings but it is the same for ducklings, they need a ton of greens make sure they get it on a daily basis.

This is the best greens for them:

Basil
Marjoram
Parsley
Oreganum
Thyme
Grass
Spinach (small amounts not too much, I usually give my goslings some once a week)

I normally pick the herbs from my garden in the morning and mix it in their drinking water they LOVE it. If you can, give them access to a lawn they need to eat grass on a daily basis.

Hi

I actually found Vital Brewers yeast at SPAR yesterday best Niacin supplement its about R60 here but its because they are robbing is blind, mix about a teaspoon in their drinking water. My water bowl for them is a 1.5L ice cream tub, they can get very messy.

I have goslings but it is the same for ducklings, they need a ton of greens make sure they get it on a daily basis.

This is the best greens for them:

Basil
Marjoram
Parsley
Oreganum
Thyme
Grass
Spinach (small amounts not too much, I usually give my goslings some once a week)

I normally pick the herbs from my garden in the morning and mix it in their drinking water they LOVE it. If you can, give them access to a lawn they need to eat grass on a daily basis.

FYI if the brewers yeast is in capsule form open the capsule, I got them in tablet form I crush it into a fine powder before I mix it in.

Thank you so much for the information
hugs.gif
. I was just feeding my ducklings grains and thought they were just getting too fat and that's why they were struggling to walk. But then I did some research online to find I wasn't feeding them the right stuff
th.gif
. I went to Spar and could only buy something called Anchor Brewers Yeast Inkunzi Malanga, I didn't know they came in actual tablets. Is this yeast fine? it looks like it's used to make Zulu brew and on the back the ingredients say brewers yeast and food grade rehydrating agent. I don't want to give it to them just yet because I don't know if its safe.

Thank you so much for the information
hugs.gif
. I was just feeding my ducklings grains and thought they were just getting too fat and that's why they were struggling to walk. But then I did some research online to find I wasn't feeding them the right stuff
th.gif
. I went to Spar and could only buy something called Anchor Brewers Yeast Inkunzi Malanga, I didn't know they came in actual tablets. Is this yeast fine? it looks like it's used to make Zulu brew and on the back the ingredients say brewers yeast and food grade rehydrating agent. I don't want to give it to them just yet because I don't know if its safe.

Not a problem its what this site is all about.

I use the same brand of yeast (sorry forgot to mention it) but I'm going to switch to the supplement it works better for me.

The lady that helped me said as long as it says brewers yeast and not bakers yeast its ok.

Maybe start giving them some crushed maize as well they need a bit of roughage for digestion.

My happy little gang, their feathers are coming in now:

Hello all. Ok I am confused. The girls started laying 2 days ago. 2 small eggs under their roost, nothing yesterday and again a small egg under roost this morning. That's good (although nest box would be better). My concern is over madam poppy she went into nest box 2 days ago for 4 hrs and nothing happened. Again today she goes into nest box and spends 5 hrs there cooing and fluffing and panting and then gave up and came out. I don't know who laid the eggs (3 of the 4 squat when I go near them).
Anyway is it normal behaviour to go into nest box for hours and not lay? She's eating and drinking and pooping well. I'm just confused. Anyone else experienced this?

Back
Top Bottom