Chicken breeders or Folks in South Africa?

@Carin sorry, that's terrible!!

I managed at last to get a Rooster for my Partridge Brahma hen, he's beautiful! He was one of many roosters on a farm and took to hanging out with the sheep...didn't have any hens of his own, shame. He slept outside with them, don't know how he survived. He's so tame and loves to be held. I think Brahmas are my favourite breed
1f603.png

I lost one of my hens Tuesday evening. She managed to hang herself on a screw. I am still crying

That's horrible. I lost quite a lot of chickens this past 2 years. Every time it is heartbreaking. Yesterday my poor Australorp rooster survived another dog attack. Lost his feathers for the third time now. I was hysteric when the worker came here with the rooster in his hand.

On a positive note...I'm so excited to have found a rooster for my Partridge Brahma hen. He's beautiful and is incredibly tame. I also have 44 Golden Buffs that are 4 weeks old. I've heard they are quite broody so that would be good!

I like the Orpingtons thus far. I only have a golden buff rooster and a black buff pullet. The rooster adopted 2 abandoned chicks. The surviving chick still sleeps under his wing

Back
Top Bottom