Chicken breeders or Folks in South Africa?

Thanks Macksy -
hugs.gif

@Carin thank you - battling bit because I am so angry - he didn't have to die the surgeons made such a mess of him and the 'nurses' were absolutely useless in Sandton Medi Clinic the after care was so poor, their equipment faulty and the consultant took a long weekend when he went critical. He picked up the superbug and they did nothing. I'd rather go to my vet - they are better trained and care more!!

Hi guys - have I put a damper on this thread - didn't mean to - I wish you would all come back and chat -!!!

I need some new ladies for Henry, I went on gumtree but the guy thought I was some pervert as I requested only 'ladies' -where can I get some bantams'girls' for Henry he has gone so aggressive for a small chook - too much hormones for four girls.

Please help...

@whoop whoop I am so sorry for your loss. I can't believe he just passed away like that! You must be in complete shock! Do you have friends/family/support? I will try see if I can figure out how to send you a personal message with my email address. Originally I was wanting to chat because of what you have been through with your dad..I have just spent a month in Germany as my father passed away on 31 Jan from cancer and I have been helping my mom with all the arrangements. But now this with your husband! Just reminds you of how fragile life is..

Hi all, sorry to hear @whoop whoop and @hedz82, my sympathies for you and your families.

I just lost almost my entire flock due to a rat infestation, sitting with only three chooks now, Raptor still doing well though, and the stress has caused my girls to stop laying. One though has just went broody so if I can get my hands on some Cochin/Pekin bantam eggs that I can hatch out I can start to rebuild. Have since dealt with the rat crisis. @whoop whoop would be happy to give you some girls if I hatch some out.

Wow Gwyllm thats horrible! SO sorry to hear that! How did you get rid of them? Did they just kill all the chickens?? Please share some info so we all know better in future! So glad to hear Raptor is okay though! Good luck with the hatching!

@hedz82 they started taking off all the little ones, which cause I've just started is pretty much the entire flock. We didn't do much to begin with other than set lots of traps to try catch/kill the rats, but there were simply too many for that to be very effective. We also can't really set any outside because of the dogs, hence also why we are so hesitant to use poisons. It got so bad though that we just ended up putting poisons out and watching constantly for dead rats so that the dogs wouldn't get them just because we had to risk it. We haven't seen many rats or heard many since, and there have been tons of dead ones in the garden, and the entire house stinks so I guess it's working :lol: we have to have the ceilings cleaned out now as well though.

Back
Top Bottom